5. Escape Act

Friday came around pretty quick and the party at Ella's was tonight. Maddie was hoping that her sister would change her mind at the last minute.

"Come on Maddie, hurry up or you're going to be late!" Maya called out. Maddie grabbed her backpack and walked out into the kitchen.

"Ready to go," Maddie said. Maya and Carina were both going about doing their usual morning routines. Carina had spent majority of her time at the apartment, however she hadn't moved in yet.

"Ciao bambina," Carina said as she smiled softly. Maddie leaned against the kitchen Island as Maya pushed a glass of orange juice in front of her.

"Do you need a ride to school?" Maya asked.

"Sure," Maddie said. Maya noticed the somewhat tired look that her secret daughter had on her face.

"You look tired. Did you get much sleep at all?" Maya asked.

"Not a lot. I tossed and turned most of the night," Maddie said with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

"At least it is the weekend tomorrow. You can have a lie out bambina since you don't have school," Carina said. Maddie raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Lie out?" Maddie asked.

"I think you mean lie in babe," Maya said knowing her girlfriend didn't understand American idioms very well. Carina nodded.

"Si I mean that. You can have a lie in tomorrow as it is the weekend," Carina corrected herself.

"Speaking of the weekend, I was hoping that you had a sudden change of heart about the party tonight?" Maddie asked.

"Nope. I haven't changed my mind about the party, I have already told you no and unless no means something else now, my answer is still no." Maya said in a firm voice. Maddie sighed and continued to beg.

"Come on Maya pretty please," Maddie said as she practically begged the older blonde.

"Maddie! I have said no already. I am not having this discussion again with you!" Maya said, raising her voice. Maddie pouted and picked her backpack up.

"Whatever. I'm going to school," Maddie said, walking towards the front door as Maya was quick follow her.

"Don't walk away from me Maddie when I'm talking to you!" Maya said. Maddie continued to ignore her sister and walked out the door and slamming it behind her. Maya sighed loudly and walked back into the kitchen to her girlfriend, "God, why can't she realize that I'm just trying to protect her?"

"Bella she is just upset but she will get over it. You've been a great big sister and you will be a even better Mama, and she is lucky to have you," Carina said as she pulled her girlfriend into her arms.

"I'm just trying to do what is best for her. I don't like the idea of her going to parties considering what happened, nothing good comes out of them. We just might have a grumpy teenager on our hands for the next few days," Maya said with a sigh.

"I think we can both deal with that, now would you like a lift to work since we both finish at the same time?" Carina asked.

"I would love that beautiful," Maya said as she pecked her girlfriend on the lips. The couple got their bags and left the apartment to head to work.

"What's up with you? You seem in such a foul mood. Come on aren't you psyched for my party tonight? " Ella asked. Maddie and Ella was sat eating lunch and Maddie's mood was pretty obvious to anyone who came into contact with her.

"Oh yeah about that. Maya won't let me go," Maddie said picking apart her sandwich in annoyance.

"So just do what I said the other day then, you just got to sneak out of your window!" Ella said in encouragement. Maddie raised her eyebrow.