Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"That goes for me too. Fun fact, never had a boyfriend, or a girlfriend not one" Arilynn says.

"Bi?" I ask.

"No, just eliminate a follow up. What about you are you on the spectrum Nathanial".

"Demiromantic, sort of makes me a prude, didn't have sex for seven months of my previous relation. Just never wanted to".

"Doesn't that have to do with the depth of connection?" she asks and I hum as I take my sip of wine to chase down the bite of food I just took.

"Very possible, yes. Never thought of it like that" I say.

"Then I guess I have my work cut out for me" Arilynn comments and I cast her a reassuring smile one which she returns before gesturing at the table.

"This all seems like your cooking even though chefs brought it out".

"My recipes" I answer and she nods.

"At least I know you can cook" Arilynn says.

"Couldn't have you eating ramen your whole life" I muse.

"So compassionate" she feigns a whisical sigh before we both burst into laughter.

"Yes, absolutely" I reply taking the last bite of my food and placing my utensils in an X.

"So what now?" Arilynn asks watching as some of my stewards and stewardesses clear my plate and the half of the table I occupied.

"I wait for you so that we can have dessert together" I smile leaning forward with both of my elbows on the table with my fingers crossed.

I had some feminine features some that I genuinely laughed at like the fact I had my mom's hand shape, and a middle blend between her and my dad's body type.

Least I could fill the large I wore without needing to get it custom fitted.

That was a problem my dad still had to this day, he was more athletic then I was at my age so his body maintained the build he had with ease while me stayed at the definition of lean without the hassle of tailored clothing.

"That's kind of you" she says picking away at what little remained on her plate.

"Besides I have wine, and will never rush you. Also I was raised to respect people unless they prove they don't deserve it" I remark before taking a sip from the glass.

"Then I'm in the caring hands of the noble Nathanial" Arilynn chimes and I laugh.

I liked the light banterful humour we had, how we could act formal and proper but when left in utter privacy one of us fell asleep and was about as far from upper class etiquette as one could get.

"And I am in the presence of the lovely Arilynn".

Our light flirting continued throughout dessert and long after the table had been cleared. Eventually I got my staff to clear the table and though I offered to help they refused saying they were paid for a reason.

So now I walked through my boat to my room so that I could have a shower.

Stepping into my room I took off my shirt while making my way to the bathroom stopping only to discard my clothing into the hamper in my closet.

Walking into the grey-beige walled bathroom with its grey stone counter and surrounded bath tub with its fountain faucet, along with continuing to panel the frosted glass shower.

Pulling the door open I stepped inside and turned the water on to its hottest setting before starting to scrub away my days sins.

As I got out twenty minutes later I dried off leaving my hair fluffy and unbrushed.

I then stared at myself in the mirror noting how I had started thickening out shoulder wise. Polo, and fencing would do that I guess. Along with my two months of summer where I worked hard to be as defined physically as I could be.

Leaving the bathroom dressed in a towel that was hanging low on my waist I walked across the room and was just about to the closet when the door opened and Arilynn walked in.

"Damn... I'll just shut the door" she says turning crimson before she shut the door and I laughed.

Who knew awkward moments could be so funny.

"Arilynn you can come in" I call towards the door and walked into the closet.

"Are you in more then a towel?".

"And deprive you of my looks" I tease while selecting a pair of comfy pants.

"If I look like a cherry I will throw little hands" she says.

"Who knew you could be so feisty?" I remark reappearing in my bedroom space and sitting on one of the chairs set in an oval wooden floored area which was designed to be living room like.

"Who knew your yacht bedroom was the size of an apartment" she says.

"Everything is big in this family. Our homes, yachts, jets, closets, jewelry, bank accounts. There are no limits" I say with a sigh before putting my feet up on a round bench before looking outside at Boston.

"Sounds like you don't love it" she says.

"Money equals problems and I wish it wasn't the case. But it is".

"There is always a solution" Arilynn says taking the opposite chair.

"Yes there is. I'll just pick a house outside of New York so that I can live in privacy, along with provide a less extravagant life for my family. I always envied the people who made enough to live comfortably because no one really notices them. They all just look at peace" I laugh cradling the right side of my face by propping it up with my fingers.

"Seem like the one percent income rather then the point one percent of the point one percent".

"Yes. I like simple".

"So do I, and I'm sure you will still get to do all the things you want but seem fortunate".

"I hope so" I muse.

I'd like to do it with you though.

"You don't strike me as someone who relies on just luck" Arilynn says.

"I am not, you're right" I say smiling across at her before she averts her gaze off to the same city that I was staring at.

Just little tidbits, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️