"They not gonna let me just take him from her. They always give more favor to the mothers. I don't want to take him from her. But she not just gonna shut me out their life like that's not my child. I gave her that baby. That's my first son."

"They'll let you take him if you tell them she got postpartum depression." Miss Sullivan says. "If you tell them that she isn't taking any medicine or nothing, and you fear for your child's safety, they'll give you that baby. I'll tell you that. She wanna play and take him, we can be dirty and get him back. Something gotta be wrong with her for her to do that in the first place. Taking a lil boy away from his father. The hell is wrong with her?"

Kyra listens to the conversation while she holds the compression sleeve up. Jahlil slips his arm into it and she fits the sleeve snug on his arm. She pushes the button on the machine as she stands by the bed.

"I ain't tryna do all that." Jahlil shakes his head. "I'm just not bout to let her get away with taking him from me. And she moved all the way the fuck out here. That's why we couldn't find her ass."

"You know what?" His mother says as she crosses her arms. "I don't know what she must've told these people either. 'Cause when we had that last meeting, I asked that doctor, the head doctor, I think, about getting her off the paperwork and he told me it was a 'personal matter'. But just a couple days before that, they was tryna help me with it."

Kyra's eyebrows twitch as she listens to what's being said. She glances over at the clipboard on the desk.

Primary Surgeon........ Dr. Yoongi Min

Overseeing Director..... Dr. Jacob Hyde

Recovery Care Nurse(s)..... Beth Studor, Kyra Gainey

Physical Recovery Therapist..... Lionel David

Under Yoongi and Hyde's name is a copy of their signature, signing off on the recovery plan.

"You said the surgeon sent you to the legal team." Jahlil says.

"Because they did. So I could get her off. Now all of a sudden, they can't help me with it. Harper works right in here. I literally saw her!"

"Harper?" Kyra repeats, the name catching her attention.

"Yeah." Miss Sullivan as they both look at her.

"You know her?" Jahlil asks.

"I don't know her. I just know of her. She works at the desk."

"Downstairs, right?" Miss Sullivan asks.

Kyra slowly shakes her head as her eyebrows furrow.

"No, she works up here. She just hasn't.. been. Y'all know her?" She asks, suddenly putting two and two together.

"Yeah." Jahlil answers. "That's my baby mom."

Kyra's eyes widen in surprise.

Oh my god. That's his son.

She knew that he wasn't Yoongi's. She just knew. Harper also denied it that day at the cafe but she couldn't be too sure knowing how Yoongi likes to hide things.