Chapter 27: Semi Family Picnic

Leo was excited. He was finally out of his cast and the first thing his brothers wanted to do was to go on a family picnic. Splinter refused to go, opting to watch Lou Jitsu movies. Big Mama was more than happy to take the boys. Sadly it was just her, Jack, and Daniel that were able to go. Suzie had a match in the Battle Nexus, Godrick was called away for a training seminar, Abigail had an emergency in her boutique, and Splinter obviously didn’t want to leave his chair.

Leo had a big basket packed with the help of Mikey. The culinary-ness of his younger brother was something to behold. Leo was just happy he was no longer the baby brother. He was always the youngest until he and his brothers found each other. Back to the subject at hand, Mikey helped him and Patrick think up and pack the greatest picnic basket known to yokai and human kind.

There were a bunch of faux pulled pork sandwiches made from jackfruit. (Absolutely delicious, look it up!) Aside from the mountain of sandwiches, there was a big bowl of fruit salad, a bunch of capri suns, two bottles of coconut water for Donnie, a bottle of sweet tea for Big Mama, some grilled chicken skewers for Jack and Daniel, and a big batch of blondies with dried strawberries courtesy of Michelangelo.

Leo was excitedly flapping his hands and he searched for a place to eat with Donnie. Raphie was going to carry everything, Mikey did the cooking with Patrick, Donnie was choosing the location, and Leo was the transportation. Big Mama was proud to see her four boys working together nicely. They were a really good team. Jack and Daniel helped out where they could, mainly by helping Donnie avoid dangerous locations.

Donnie eventually settled on a cherry blossom grove in Japan. It was in Japan’s Hidden City, but far enough away from civilization for a quiet, or as quiet as Donnie expected from his three loud brothers, for a family picnic. From the stories Splinter used to tell them about Japan, he always wanted to see the pink flowers. Since it was late spring it wasn’t likely to see them, but Leo assured him that, with all the magic and mystic energy flowing throughout Japan’s Hidden City, the cherry blossoms would still be in full bloom.

“Alright brothers and mother dearest, all aboard the Leon Express!”

Leo snapped his fingers and a portal appeared next to him.

“One portal to Japan’s Hidden City’s Cherry Blossom Grove for my lovely twin in purple!”

Big Mama was proud at how Leonardo’s confidence and theatrics improved during the past couple of years. And his portals were rarely off the mark. She stepped through the ;portal and gazed up at the falling pink flowers with a gentle smile.

“Boys, come on through. Yet another portal successful. Wonderful job Baby-shell.”

“Mom, I’m thirteen, you don’t have to keep calling me that.”

Leo playfully groaned with a slight giggle at the end.

“Nonsense! You will always be my Baby-shell, no matter how grown you get.”

Leo laughed as Big Mama smothered him into a hug.

“Um, Big Mama? Can I have a hug too?”

Mikey nervously fidgeted with his hands as he looked at the ground. Raphie looked at Leo and Big Mama, clearly wanting to ask the same thing. Donnie, however, wasn’t even paying attention, typing away at his wrist computer thingy. Big Mama’s heart melted as a large grin spread on her face.

“Of course Michael. Come here darling. You too Raphael.”

Mikey was so happy he launched himself in Big Mama’s arms. She switched to her yokai form to hold all four of her turtle sons easier. Donnie didn’t get a hug persay, but he was cuddled up against her side with a little grin on his face. After the boys got their recharge of high quality motherly love and affection, Leo and Raphie started setting up the blankets. Jack and Daniel stood by ready to help with anything, but really only kept Mikey distracted with cute cat illusions.

Donnie was collecting a bunch of the falling blossoms to bring home to his dad. To surprise him with something he loved.

Leo and Mikey soon had everyone served and they all ate happily. It started with Mikey. Mikey and his insatiable curiosity about everything. That’s when it all went downhill. For Leo at least.

Mikey: “Big Mama, what was Leo like as a kid?”

Leo choked on a piece of fruit as similar evil grins grew on Jack and Daniel’s faces.

“Oh he was the cutest little thing! He was quite the intelligent little thing. He called me “Mama” from the very moment I found him. However, he didn’t say another word until his second birthday.”

Leo wanted to crawl in a hole and disappear. His beloved mother was sharing stories from when he was still a tiny kid!

“Here look at this. This was his first ever Halloween costume. Isn’t he adorable?”

He knew for a fact Donnie was secretly downloading the photos in his wrist thing for black mail.

“Leonardo also hated taking baths when he was younger. Now its a hassle getting him out of the -”

“OKAY! That was fun! Moving on! Raphie, what was Mikey and Donnie like?”

Raphael: “Well…Mikey had a knack for running off and painting all over the lair’s walls….Donnie used to use me as a chew toy when he was under stimulated….now that I think about it, I can’t really remember a bunch of things. Sorry Leo.”

“Oh! I still have a picture from Leonardo’s first bath! Look at him and his bubble beard.”

Jack and Daniel were enjoying his torment a little too much. Leo could feel his face warming up in his hands. It was basically confirmed that the turtle in blue was doomed to weeks of merciless teasing at the hands of his own twin brother, his older twin brothers, and his baby brother. May Jeebus have mercy on his soul.

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 😊😊💖💖
1031 words
Enjoy