Chapter 21: Training Evolution

Leo was cured from his flu with a few days of rest and plenty of fluids. He really enjoyed the book on ninja meditation techniques and a separate book on the history of strategy. He couldn’t put the books down and was spouting new facts he learned to his mothers and sister when he had the chance.

Godrick was pleased with Leonardo. His student and young master completed his swordsmanship training and was now working on live practice. Big Mama made it a point to show up to every training session on the off chance things went wrong. Suzie started training her other brothers when Leo was in his other training.

The training grounds were a subsection of the Battle Nexus that rarely got used. Big Mama had it spruced up and it when Suzie started her training. Now it is used on a daily basis by the children or other Nexus warriors or even the Nexus Security to hone their skills so they don't get out of shape.

Jack and Daniel were training under Big Mama to open their own little bar in the Hidden City. The twins were going to open a bar and supply Big Mama with the information they got. She was teaching them to be business savvy, emotional control, how to recognize good deals from bad, and future profitable deals from future losses. As well as business basics; how to make proper salaries, how to keep the books in order, inventory, proper training of staff, etc.

The two boys absorbed her lessons like the sponges they were. They also made good friends with Leonardo and Suzie. Matthew had grown abusive toward them and Samantha and limited their outside contact. The boys killed him when he attempted to force their mother into…intimate relations. Samantha moved them all back to the hotel for a better start.

<~>

Leo slashed at his opponent again. For his live combat training he was fighting against lower end Battle Nexus warriors that had been forced into the arena. The warrior Leo was facing off was a large scarred lizard yokai. He was contracted into the Nexus eighteen years prior and was eager to kill or, at the very least, maim the Nexus brat. Then his own ass was handed to him, by a child!

Leo was very quick. He kept circling his opponent to disorient him and kept slashing his training sword at him. The lizard managed to use the back of his fist to strike the small green arm, but that was it. The fight clearly went to Leonardo.

“I can’t believe I was bested by a child.”

“It’s okay. You don’t have to be upset by your loss. You broke my arm, count that as a win at the very least.”

“It’s hard to believe you’re Nexus’s brat.”

“I get that alot. Hold still.”

An alcohol pad brushed against one of the many shallow cuts on his arm. Leo’s left arm was hanging limply at his side and was turning a nasty shade of purple. Leonardo patched his opponent up with fun and colorful band aids and even gave him a blue raspberry lollipop at the end.

“You’re a good kid, brat.”

“Thank you. I’m Leo!”

“Heh, well, Leo, I’m Rick. Come here.”

Rick helped Leo put his arm into a sling when Big Mama and Maria rushed out with Godrick.

“Baby-shell -”

“Hi Mom! Look, look! Rick put my arm in a sling!”

Big Mama sent the mother of all glares at the yokai in question.

“No, Mom. You will not make my new friend’s life miserable. What happened in training was an accident. So none of that. Maria, can you help me with my arm please?”

“Of course, young master.”

“Leo!”

Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Suzie, Jack, and Daniel all ran out and were fussing over him. Donnie was in the same boat as Big Mama, plotting out Rick’s murder. Raph was sobbing and worrying over Leo’s arm. The rest were going on about how cool his fight was.

Leo had a bright blue cast sign with the names of his friends and family. He even had Suzie sneak him into the Battle Nexus to get Rick to sign it. His live combat had to delayed for a bit so his arm could heal, but he was more than ready to relax and watch his brother’s training sessions.

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 😊😊💖💖
744 words
Enjoy