Chapter 25: Mystic Powers

Leo watched his mother trying to teach him and his brothers about mystic powers. He already sat through this lecture a ton of times so he already knew it and only Donnie was actually paying attention and taking notes. Raphie and Mikey were goofing around. His mother told him he somehow tapped into his own mystic powers during the attempted robbery at Mr. Huberts ice cream parlor. She said since he was able to use his powers, she would start teaching him and his brothers more about them.

Like stated above, Leo sat through this lecture with Suzie a bunch of times. He was only sitting through it this time to help his brothers.

“Question!”

“Yes, Donatello?”

“What’s the difference between science and mystic powers?”

“Mystic powers is more commonly known as “Yokai Magic.” Magic is dependent on the user’s magic output, whether or not they have magic to begin with, and the surrounding environment.”

“I have a question!”

“Go ahead Michelangelo.”

“What’s your mystic power?”

“My power is shapeshifting. I use this cloaking broach to remain in this form for longer periods of time. One moment.”

Big Mama deactivated her broach and turned into her true form. Mikey fell out of his chair, Donnie dropped his pencil, Raph snapped his pencil, and Leo yawned.

“Baby-shell, could you go get some snacks from the kitchen please?”

“Okie dokie, be back soon.”

Leo walked out and Big Mama continued the lecture. He was excited to try and use his mystic power again. If he accidentally used his powers once without even realizing it, thinking back to the lecture he had basically mesmerized, his magic reserves must be huge! Jack and Danny mastered their mystic powers when they were his age, so maybe they could help him. Sure illusionary magic was one of the easiest and most common mystic power there was, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

“Oh ho ho~ Lookie what we have here.”

“Looks like a little snacky snack to me~”

Leo laughed as he passed between Jack and Daniel. The very foxes he wanted to see. Their tails swayed lazily as they held their unofficial little brother.

“I was just thinking of you two!”

Jack: “All good things I hope.”

Daniel: “We can’t stand the thought of the illustrious Young Master Nexus thinking poorly of us.”

Jack: “That won’t do at all my good chap!”

Daniel: “Not at all indeed, dear brother o’ mine!”

The two were talking in exaggerated British accents as they exchanged equally exaggerated looks of offendedness. Leo giggled at his oldest siblings banter.

“Only the best things were thunk about my oldest brothers!”

Jack: “I should hope so!”

Daniel: “No, why were you thinking of us? Our rugged good looks?”

Jack: “Need help with the ladies? Or guys? Or the genderless lovelies we see on the daily?”

Daniel: “Need a handy little illusion to swap places with you for a while?”

“No, nothing like all that. Recently my mystic power was activated so Mama is doing her lecture -”

Jack: “About the importance of mystic powers -”