Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

I then walked around to the driver side to see her still staring at the car.

"Don't tell me you're scared of getting in a car with me," I tease.

"Nathanial, how expensive is this car? And don't lie. I know it's more than three million, " she says, staring at me with slight intimidation.

She's cute when bossy.

"Four million, now get in the car, it's cold," I say, sliding back into the driver seat.

"Four what?" Arilynn exclaims. "Nathan, this car is what my parents take-home salaries are in like a decade. I can't get in the car. "

At least I know she's humble.

"Arilynn I trust you, it's also just a car, no different than yours" I smile warmly and she sighs before carefully getting into the passenger seat and more as a way to shock her I put the car in reverse and back up, before braking so the door shuts at the right distance so I could get away from the curb.

"Why?" she laughs, glancing at the door as I just smirked.

"Was that the door, well it is a luxury car, comes with soft-close automatic doors.

She then gave me a blank look, and I looked back at the door.

"You look very beautiful, Arilynn," I say, and she blushes and looks down.

"You distracted me, smooth fucker" she retorts as realization hits her.

"Did I distract you, love?" I muse letting my accent out.

"Yes, now eyes on the road," Arilynn says gesturing.

"I'd rather die alone, than know I survived a car crash and lost you".

She flushed and didn't look at me as I sped up off towards the marina.

Tapping my steering wheel to my music I slow at the marina and turned into the shrub-surrounded parking lot until I found a spot and swung in before parking.

"As usual you drove like planned to hit someone" Arilynn teases.

"My driving is fun," I say and shut off the engine a foot behind my head before getting out of the car and walking around to the passenger side to help Arilynn out of the incredibly low car.

"Why are we at a marina?" Arilynn asks, looking at me, and I just smile softly.

"All part of the surprise, love," I muse before sticking out my hand for her to take as we walk through the rows of boats ranging from thirty feet all the way up to a hundred fifty feet. There were also various styles, each being unique in its own way.

"Do you own a boat here?" she asks, looking around as if she could find a boat that seemed like it would belong to me.

"Yes, I do. Just you can't see it just yet," I say, before leading her toward the side of the Marina where all the larger yachts sat. The Atlas being the crowning boat out of all of them for scale.

"Nathan, this is the super yacht area," the girl beside me states, and I smile at the simplicity and innocence of those words.

"Yes, I'm taking you on mine," I respond, and she looks plainly shocked.

"You own a superyacht?".

"Yes, it's called the Atlas," I say, "I had it named after the Greek titan".

"That's really creative, actually," Arilynn compliments before we got to the back of the boat, and security eyed us.

"Harper let us on please" I say and the burly bald man that was formerly a bouncer and swat officer moved aside.