"I'll think about it."

         ______

       Jenny did show up to St. Anne's after a couple of days. Marcel had a point and she did want to learn how to really fight.

       At this new gym, she climbed into the boxing ring. Her opponent was a slightly older vampire. They began to fight and Jenny got in a few punches before she was punched across the cheek.

            She hardly reacted. One thing she still did not feel was touch unless it was from Elijah. So, she didn't feel this pain. But even though she was painless didn't mean she was good at fighting.

          She was kicked across the ring. She laid on the ground as her opponent stomped towards her. Her eyes widened as she felt slight fear and that suffocating darkness crept up on her. Instead of fearing it, she let herself fall into it as it swept her away and suddenly she was gone.

         There were gasps from the vampires watching. Her opponent stopped as she looked around in confusion, "Where did she go?"

         Jenny was in her realm of the dead standing on black glass. She moved to the spot she thought her opponent was at and thought about going back. Suddenly, she appeared right behind her opponent in the real world and snapped the neck of her opponent.

         All the vampires were watching with wide eyes and whispers. But Jenny started to smile as thought about her powers and how they made her quite good at this.

That night, she didn't sleep with a light on.

She laid in the dark until her eyes adjusted and even then her eyes saw shadows. Sometimes she thought they moved and she believed she was in her lost plane of the dead where shadows were souls.

But in the darkness, she was a shadow, too, and there was no need to fear her own shadow. That was how the dark became her fear to be wielded, became her calm. It was the thing she knew and there was no fear for the things she had already learned.

_____

On another day, Jenny was reading a book on her bench. She did it every day and she started to love fiction again. And when two such people encounter each other, and their eyes meet, the past and the future become unimportant.

There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun has been written by one hand only. It is the hand that evokes love, and creates a twin soul for every person in the world.

Jenny thought of Elijah as she read it. A twin soul. It had been months and she wondered if he even wanted her back.

"The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. A fascinating read," his voice startled her as he began giving her a quote from her book like he always did. He put his hands on the bench railing behind her before leaning down and whispering in her ear. "We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity."

She blushed a bit from the words he spoke to her, "As always, Tristan, I question how you retain so many quotes."

"I rather enjoy literature," he moved away to walk around the bench and sit beside her as he smiled softly. "But you already know that."