06

Jenny finally got to see the pregnant werewolf everyone was trying to protect: Hayley. She was beautiful in a goddess type way. If she was standing in a room with the wolf girl, Jenny knew who everyone would look to (and it wasn't her).

(Although, she just didn't know that everyone that had even looked at Jenny thought the exact opposite. It didn't matter how beautiful Hayley Marshall was as Jenny had a smile that was one in seven-billion. She could be in a room with the most beautiful people [with only her simple beauty] and yet if she smiled, no one would dare look anywhere else but at Jenny Stevens.)

That was how Elijah thought. He was constantly looking for a bright smile that he'd no longer find anymore except in the darkness of his mind. Yet he looked anyway because he still missed her so much and so often as there was hardly a moment he didn't think about her.

It was how Jenny was able to watch Elijah so much. And she could see how her Original looked at Hayley, like there was something under the surface. Yet, the wormhole view she had never disappeared in the werewolf's presence.

And she was watching right now as Elijah held Hayley Marshall. Her baby's life was in danger from some mystical object and they had to get her unlinked from Sophie.

Her temperature was skyrocketing so Elijah held in her the pool as it neared midnight. Jenny sat on the edge of the pool completely invisible as always.

Elijah held the girl with a look of fear in his eyes for someone that he hardly knew. Once the danger had passed, Hayley and Elijah shared a look before he let her go gently like she was something delicate.

That look made Jenny feel sick to her stomach. To see the start of him moving on.

(But again, Jenny didn't know that Elijah was only thinking of the memory he held of Jenny. Of when he held her mangled body in his arms. Some of her limbs were twisted and the blood...there was so much blood and he wished and wished that he had been the one bleeding. Instead that was how he felt now like there was an open wound that kept getting torn open. It got completely ripped to shreds at nearly failing the unborn child that the girl carried.

             He didn't make any promises to Hayley with the death of Jenny so recent and how he couldn't save her. The feeling of failure still lingered and a lost smile kept him from ever making promises again.)

            But Jenny didn't know this. She only saw the opportunity for Elijah to put her in the past (which is where she should've been). Instead he held on and she was starting to doubt if she wanted him to.

             _____

           Hayley had been in danger again. She was out in the bayou and it led Elijah to being given a werewolf bite from his own brother.

While Hayley pressed her hand to his forehead to check on his fever, she'd been allowed inside his mind. She saw the hallucinations that plagued him.

"Brother! Please, this is high folly. Is it not enough you have slaughtered dozens in just these past several weeks? Word of a city littered with bodies will surely travel the oceans. Do you want to bring our father upon us?" Elijah questioned as he arrived at the field where Klaus was dueling humans.

"Relax, brother. I've sent rumor that the bodies are result of the witches seeking blood sacrifice for their rituals."

"You did what? Have you forgotten? Celeste is one of those that you recklessly point your finger at?"