20

Going off on an adventure with Elijah proved to be very grand. They were inside the private jet the family owned and she was questioning in her head what exactly the family did to become so wealthy.

The plane was in the air and heading to Ireland as Elijah let her decide where they were going. But she sheepishly admitted she had a fear of planes. A fear of crashing, a fear of falling.

So Elijah had the idea to take her mind off of it through slow dancing. It was horribly cliche but it worked. She could feel the turbulence of the plane but she could also feel his steady arms around her like a cocoon of safety and that was what she focused on.

Her head was tucked underneath his chin as it rested against his chest. She could hear his heartbeat and it was beating a little bit too quickly. She wondered if it was the same for him. Being this close to him made her a little bit breathless because the air she breathed was intoxicated by his presence and that warm, brown gaze of his.

She was torn between being overwhelmed and being soothed by his presence all at the same time. And it was exactly the same way for him.

In his heart, the names of the ones he had loved and lost were hidden in the crevices of his heart, in shadows. But Jenny had her name stitched into all the bright places, practically, written across his whole heart. So his heart beat a little bit quicker, soaring out at the light and happiness it felt in her presence.

"Why did you decide to come with me?" Elijah asked quietly.

"Why wouldn't I?" she responded.

"Your family is in Mystic Falls."

"So is yours."

"Perhaps, the only sort of family I need right now is your company," Elijah uttered.

Jenny's lips quirked and she lifted her head to look at him. She was all tangled up in his embrace, and her soul was all tangled up in his.

"And perhaps it's the same for me," she uttered softly and her eyes were shining sincerely.

The phrase went straight to his heart and it caused him to smile a little bit wider than he already was. Yes, his heart was soaring because love wasn't a descent, it was a never ending climb to new highs; the descent was for the inevitable break and his heart certainly wasn't ready for the fall.

         _____

          They were on a grassy hill in Ireland that looked over the ocean. A blanket was spread out as they laid over the top of it. Jenny laid on her stomach marveling at the view. Elijah laid beside her on his back (not wearing a suit surprisingly but still something very expensive) and his fingers were lazily stroking the skin of her arm near her wrist.

          He had entwined his hand with hers atop his heart. Then he found a birthmark near her wrist and his fingers glided over the mark like it was precious. The light caresses on her skin were so relaxing.

             While Jenny looked at the view, Elijah gazed at her. Her eyes were so bright and her hair was slightly windswept. Then there was that smile. It was a small, little content smile but a thousand suns still couldn't compare. And he noticed how she smiled a bit wider when she glanced at him. He felt his chest swell when she did that. He felt happy.

           "Isn't the view wonderful?" she asked.

            "Yes, I would call it stunning even," he answered. She looked at him to see him looking at her so, so softly. He was looking at her like she was his everything but she didn't know that, the look just made her nervous. That look and his words caused her to blush.

            His fingers crawled back up to her hand when he entwined his own with hers. Then he brought her hand to his lips where he placed delicate kisses on her knuckles.

             "Elijah..." she smiled wider. In response, he smiled. He brought her hand back to his chest before leaning up and kissing her on the cheek.

              "I only spoke the truth," he stated playfully and she shook her head at him before connecting her lips with his.

           They were a new couple and they kissed a handful of times. But each time they did, the kiss was a passionate one that spoke of hoping, of feeling, of being happiness.

             Their two hearts, together, were happy. They were blissful and oblivious and perhaps nothing could break the bubble they were in.

             Perhaps.

          _____

           Jenny and Elijah spent two uninterrupted weeks in Ireland together (they were the happiest two weeks either of them ever had) before he got a phone call from his sister in Mystic Falls. The smile he wore around her disappeared and he appeared worried.

            "I have to go back to Mystic Falls," he said as he hung up the phone. "My brother, Niklaus, has gotten into trouble."

            "What happened?" she asked.

             He froze for a moment. He didn't want to lie but he didn't have the time to tell her right now about his true nature, the one that her smile kept at bay.

              Jenny sensed his hesitation, "If you don't want to tell me, just say that. It's your family after all. Just don't lie to me."

            Elijah looked at her in surprise before he looked at her in awe. Along with being happy, she was one of the most understanding. His heart dreaded the day she'd leave this world because he doubted she would ever want to become his species of monster even if it meant forever. "Jenny Stevens, I will never forget you."

            "Forget me?" she thought the word choice was odd. "Do you plan on leaving for forever?"

             No, he thought. But if they didn't have forever or if forever wasn't something she wanted, she'd still be his Jenny, his forever as she'd haunt his mind for as long as he lived.

          "I could never stay away from you." I love you, his heart uttered.

AN: I'm not sure if this was sweet enough or if this is moving too fast. But just let me know.
Anyways this correlates with the end of season 3.