Can't Let Go

~°°°~

In amidst the chaos
The struggle kept on going
Even to the point
Where everything went in vain
And all that welcomed was pain
The looming monsters kept on growing
With how they were treated
And how they were mocked
Even when the pain escalated
Rendering them shocked
There was no way left to stop
Their thirst for vengeance
They seethed
Trying to breathe
To somehow vent the desire
The desire for revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

After praying her Isha Salah, she had come to the kitchen to make tea for Amma.

Once it was ready, she poured it in cups and took it upstairs to Amma's room who was wide awake while going through an old album.
Thick brimmed glasses rested on the bridge of her nose as she gazed down at the pictures with joy visible in her eyes.

"Salam Amma, Ab kaisi tabiyat hai apki"?
A soft smile laced her features as she entered the room with the tray holding the cup of tea in her hands.

Amma's attention was immediately snapped towards her at her voice.
She smiled sighing softly,
"Wasalam mera bacha, ab tou bilkul the hn main, Alhumdulillah".

A gentle smile remained intact on Imsaal's lips as she sat beside her on bed placing the tray on the side table.
She turned, gently grabbing Amma's wrinkled hand,
"Did you take the medicine Zaira had brought"?

Amma nodded smiling softly,
"G mera bacha, li thi main nay ".

Imsaal nodded in response as she leaned ahead setting the pillows behind Amma's back so she could lean back more comfortably.

"Waris ki call ayee thi betay"?
Amma's words had stilled her in her place as she gulped softly before sitting back in her position.

She didn't raise her gaze to meet the elderly figure's quizzical orbs, instead she leaned ahead picking up the teacup from the tray and held it towards Amma.
"Zaira told me in the afternoon that he had called and you talked to him. Do you want to call him again"?
Her voice was gentle.

Amma sighed softly as she leaned back holding the teacup from her hands.
Her confused orbs remained on Imsaal's lowered gaze,
"Hmm, call tou ayee thi beta aur baat bhi hui meri us say. Tumhara pooch raha tha".

Imsaal tensed a little bit at her words as she softly gulped, her slender fingers slightly loosened the hijab around her neck.

Amma gently caressed the back of her hand as if asking for her attention.
Imsaal reluctantly raised her orbs meeting Amma's gaze.

A soft sigh left Amma's lips,
"Baat q nahi kerti us say? Beta wo bohut pareshaan hojata hai, bechain tha tüm say baat kernay ko".

Imsaal smiled that didn't reach her eyes,
"I was offering my prayer at that time".

Amma nodded with a soft sigh,
"Hmm, agli bar call Karay tou baat kerlena".

Imsaal nodded,
"G behtar".

Amma smiled at her response as she turned towards the opened photo album raising it towards Imsaal,
"Ye dekho, uff bachpan main Kitna shaitan hota tha Waris, aisi ult patang harkatain kerta tha k toba. Bohut shareer Tha".

Imsaal smiled softly taking the album as she heard Amma talk about his childhood days as she sipped the tea.
Amma's words echoed in the background yet her brain couldn't focus on them, she was too preoccupied by thoughts she couldn't ignore even if she wanted too.
She gripped the album tighter to stop the quivering of her fingers to not let Amma sense the inner turmoil she was going through.