Yearning Hearts

~°°°~

The creepiness of the silence
Once it finally settles in
The eerie darkness
That welcomes the new storm
The power of the thunder
The wrath of the incoming
The bubbling fear
The tears that rapidly form
The terror of upcoming
Storms and ruins
That'll devastate the walls
You've been forming for years
Seeing them crumble
Infront of your eyes
Accentuating your fears
And the pain the heart bears
But the shadow nears
The beast tears
All the gathered hope
Introducing you to the world
Where all that live are beasts
Struggling to survive
With the only desire
The desire of revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

She stepped out of the washroom after doing ablution. Fixing the dark green dupatta perfectly around her head in the form of hijab and grabbing the prayer mat from the stand, she walked out softly exiting the room.

Her brown khussa clad feet moved in the corridor as she reached downstairs to the small glass backdoor that opened into the small back garden of the double storey white house.

From faraway, she could hear the Fajar Azan that reached her ears.
The First thing that met her green clad frame the moment she opened the door was the cold wind.
Thankfully, she was carrying a sweater over her dress.

She hugged the prayer mat tightly to her chest before entering the lawn. It had become a habit since so long. To pray Fajar prayer outside where she felt herself closer to nature.

She walked as the grass churned softly under her feet.
The sky was still dark outside.

She sighed softly seeing puffy dark clouds covering the sky as another breeze swept across her.
It was going to rain in the morning again.

A soft smile invaded her lips as she walked under the pole lamp's light that stood at every few feet in the lawn reaching her height.

She walked near the place where she usually prayed when she immediately halted sensing a silhouette of someone.

Eyebrows furrowed ever so softly as she halted and looked at the silhouette in confusion.

The person was in sujood.
She could only see his white kameez clad back.

Imsaal took slow steps towards the frame of the person only to halt again realizing who he actually was.

Under the pole lamp's golden light, his frame illuminated appearing golden.

His prayer wasn't rushed. His sujoods were longer. His whole concentration was on his prayer and he was completely oblivious to his surroundings.
There was that sense of peace Imsaal felt seeing him so much absorbed in his prayer.

A small smile spread across her lips seeing him pray.

She sighed softly shaking her head before spreading her own prayer mat behind his on the slight right side.

She took in a deep breath before starting her prayer.

Light winds blew past their frames as the puffy clouds gathered in the sky.