In The Lair Of Wolves

~°°°~

It isn't easy
To let go
It takes strength
It takes courage
It brings pain
As the sadness flourish
It breaks your heart
Into a million pieces
The struggle to part
Is like unbearable agony
Coursing through your frame
As you try to tame
The demons in you
Yet the trials never stop
Nor do the difficulties halt
It's so suffocating
It's so unbearable
To let go of the desire
The desire of revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

Sweat trickled down his neck as he grabbed the support of the wall panting heavily.
Puffs of breath left his lips as he roughly pulled out the earpiece from his ear unbuttoning the first two buttons of his black button down shirt to end the sudden suffocation he was feeling at the moment.

Leaning against the wall, he pulled out his recording device from his pocket and raised it to his lips,
"Khawar! Send the beta team to the location I'm currently at. My ear piece is not working at the moment, I can't hear the voices from the control room. I'm currently at the underground location".

He slowly crouched down on the ground panting heavily as if to normalize his breaths.
He had been chased by the men for more than two hours and this was literally all he could run nonstop. His lungs felt like they were about to burst.
Losing contact with his teams and than this sudden chase. The night couldn't get anymore worse.

He let out soft breaths, turning his neck to see the area around him that seemed like some underground storage area. The corners of the huge hall were littered with empty cartons, broken wooden furniture and even some old electric appliances.
The paint on the walls was chipped indicating that it had been long since someone had used it.
Spider webs and insects littered the walls and cracked cemented floor that shook when one walked on it.
Few dark hallways stood at the end of the hall.

Zaviar gulped softly as he pulled out the pistol from his coat's inner pocket.
He checked the magazine only to find it empty.

A soft exhale left his lips as he dropped it on the ground beside him.
He had no extra bullets to refill it.

He checked the tracker that was fixed on his long coat's pocket before pulling out the dagger.

He stood up from the ground and began taking steps towards the corridors looking around in alert.

Out of nowhere few men popped out trying to launch themselves on him as he tackled one by locking his arms knocking him down on the floor before dodging the punches of the other kicking him in his shins.

However he couldn't see the third man raising the pistol towards him about to shoot him.

It was after few seconds that he heard the sound of gunshot and turned his gaze towards the men who was about to shoot him collapsing down on the floor.

He turned to look at his savior who had saved his life at the moment only to be left flabbergasted.
Utter disbelief raked his frame as his brows furrowed. He seemed quite taken aback.

Rafey lowered the metallic revolver as he sighed softly holding Zaviar's stunned gaze.

Zaviar's gaze lowered to the frame of the man lying unconscious on the floor than back towards his tall frame as he cocked his arched brow at him.

Rafey averted his gaze raising the gun, scratching his head with the nozzle of the pistol,
"Don't look at me like that".
He mumbled yet due to the eerie silence, the echo reached Zaviar's ears as his brows arched higher at his words,
"Excuse me"?