Chapter 27

Liz's POV

There was only one word to describe being back at Dauntless and that word was different. Everything here was different. I had been back for a week and I hardly even recognized the place anymore. Every morning when I woke up wrapped up in Eric I forgot that Dauntless had changed. It wasn't until I got up to get ready to go to work and remembered it wasn't there anymore that the change hit me. There wasn't much for me to do here now. The attack on Abnegation wasn't the end, it was just the beginning. The Dauntless that remained here were preparing for something. I could tell there were still things brewing that Eric was keeping from me. I went back and forth between wanting to know and not wanting to know. Sometimes I was content in my ignorance and sometimes the not knowing was killing me. The only thing that felt normal to me were the times that it was just Eric and I alone in our apartment. His presence was such a comfort to me that I found it hard to be without him during the times he wasn't there. Since I didn't have to go to work anymore I spent the days alone while Eric did whatever it was that he was doing. It was obvious that he did not want me involved in what was happening. It was all so strange to me that sometimes I wondered if I had made the right choice by coming back to Dauntless.

Life was full of choices but as I laid there in Eric's arms listening to the sound of him breathing I couldn't imagine that I had made the wrong one. I was so hopelessly in love with this man that I couldn't even think straight when I was around him. He had possessed every single part of me and I knew that I could not live without him. I could learn to live in this new world and this new life as long as he was by my side. His arms were warm and strong wrapped around me. I breathed in his scent and sighed. I snuggled my head closer against his chest and could hear the sound of his heartbeat. It was the sound of my own soul. His bare chest was covered in tattoos, one of which secretly contained my name. I could feel his every muscle tensed up even in his sleep. Our legs were tangled in each other's and his breath tickled my ear. I gently ran my finger up his side and he flinched. He was secretly very ticklish on his sides. I suppressed my laugh and did it again. This time he jerked awake and looked at me.

"Are you tickling me?" he asked.

I bit my lip and smirked at him.

"I might be." I replied.

He untangled his legs from mine and pulled me on top of him. He held me pressed against him as much as he could. My little bump had grown to where now it was quite obvious that I was pregnant. He kissed my lips feverishly. I laughed.

"Uh oh I think I woke the beast." I said.

"You did and now you must suffer the consequences." He replied with a smirk on his face.

He flipped me off of him and back onto the bed. I giggled as he threw the covers off of the bed. He got on all fours and stalked towards me like a predator towards his prey. I could see the fire and passion burning in his eyes. He put his arms on either side of me and had me trapped under him. He leaned down and kissed me again. I ran my hands up his abs and then his chest. He grabbed my hips and pulled off my panties. I traced my hands down his body again until I reached the waistband of his pajama pants. I slipped my hands inside and found his rock hard erection. He jerked as I wrapped my hands around it. He ran his hands up under my nightgown and pulled it off of me. Eric leaned down and kissed my nipples. He continued to kiss his way down my chest and then down my belly. He kissed around my swollen belly and gently stroked it. I think he was truly proud of me being pregnant. It was something that never ceased to fascinate him. I ran my finger up the long length of his cock and he moaned.

"Oh god Lizzy I don't know if I can hold it very long with you doing that." He said.

I leaned up and kissed him hard, biting his lower lip between my teeth. When I let go I smirked at him.

"Well then why don't you just fuck me now then?" I asked.

Eric pulled his pants off so fast I didn't even see him do it. He ran his hands up my legs and to my inner thighs. He gently parted my legs and touched inside. I was already so wet and ready for him that we didn't need to wait any longer. I opened my legs wide and Eric moved between them. He slowly pushed himself inside me. I moaned as I felt the familiar sensation of him being inside of me again.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

I sighed. "Yes, I'm great. I promise you won't hurt the baby. Just fuck me please."

"Okay just making sure." He replied.

Every time we had sex since I had come back Eric had been concerned about hurting the baby. Over and over again I had told him that it was fine. Eric thrust in and out of me slowly at first and then he picked up the pace. Each thrust shoved him deeper inside of me. He put his hands on my swollen belly and gently rubbed. It turned me on like none other to see him so proud of my baby belly. He thrust harder and faster, his ferocity picking up with every thrust. I suddenly felt the desire to be as close to him as I could. I wrapped your legs around his waist to hold him closer to me. I ran your arms up and down his chiseled back. When I looked up into Eric's eyes I could see the passion in them. He was madly in love with me and being inside of me was the closest he would get to heaven.

"Oh god Lizzy I love you so much." He moaned.

"I love you too Eric. So much." I whispered in his ear.

As his thrusts continued I felt the familiar build up in my body. It started with a tingling and soon the tingling turned to fireworks. My climax came and I could feel nothing but Eric. He was all around me and inside of me. My toes curled and I cried out his name. Eric's own release quickly followed my own. I felt him release inside of me and I relished the sensation. I could feel him filling me up and I wanted to keep every drop. My hips continued their motion until we were both finished. Eric kissed me lips softly and pulled out of me. He lay back on the bed as we both struggled to breathe again. After a few minutes Eric sat up.

"I need to take a shower because I have to get going soon. Some of us are going to Candor today and I need to go with them. Do you want to take a shower with me or wait until I leave?"

"I think I might take a nice long bath after you leave. If I get in the shower with you it might take way too long in there." I said smiling.

"True." He said then leaned over to kiss me.

He got up and walked to the bathroom. I wolf whistled at him and he turned around.

"Nice ass." You called and he smirked.

I put my robe on and went to make Eric some breakfast that he could take with him. When he came into the kitchen he was all decked out in his Dauntless gear. I handed him his breakfast and walked with him to the door.

"Goodbye Lizzy. Have a nice day." He said kissing me then he leaned down and parted my robe. Eric placed gentle kisses on my belly. "Bye bye baby. Daddy will miss you."

"Have a good time at Candor I guess. Be safe. We will miss you." I said cradling my baby bump.

"I love you. I should be home in time for dinner." Eric said.

"I love you too. See you then."

I watched Eric walk down the hallway until he turned the corner. I shut the door and I was overwhelmed by an icy cold dread. I couldn't figure out why but for some reason I was terrified.