Chapter 19

I looked in my closet and then I saw the shirt that I wanted. It was a black and red corset shirt. I put on tight, black leather leggings and my favorite boots. I laced up the corset and looked in the mirror. I loved this shirt and I wouldn't be able to wear it soon so it was a good choice. I made sure my scarlet curls were bouncy and that my makeup looked fierce. The makeup covered up most of the bruises but then again it was Dauntless and nobody really paid much attention to bruises anyways. I painted my nails black and examined how the engagement ring looked on my finger. I think I looked appropriate for my debut with Eric. I heard the door open and knew he was home. I came out of the bedroom and leaned against the doorframe to pose for Eric. He looked over and smiled.

"Mmm, I should have come back sooner." He said.

"Why is that?" I asked.

He crossed the room and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me against him.

"Because then I would have had time to fuck you in this outfit." He replied.

I could feel my pulse rising with just Eric's proximity. I smirked and rubbed my hand over his crotch.

"You sure we don't have time?"

He groaned. "Not for the things I want to do to you."

I slid my hand into his waistband.

"How about a quickie?" I asked.

I could feel that he was already hard. I slid his pants down while I smirked at him. In one swift movement he turned me around and bent me over the table. He pulled down my pants and his hands caressed my backside. He placed his hands on my hips and I grabbed the table. Eric thrust forward and slid inside of me. I moaned as he entered me. We both knew that we did not have time to be romantic. We needed each other with a ferocity that would not be satisfied until we fucked. Eric kept a tight grip on my hips as he began to thrust harder and faster. He drove himself farther in with each thrust. His one hand reached around and rubbed my clit. I let out a squeal of pleasure when he gently pinched it. I could feel that I was close so I ground my ass back against him. I could hear Eric's breathing getting more rapid.

"Oh god Lizzy. I love you so much." He whispered.

I felt Eric start to release inside me and it triggered my own release. He held on tightly and continued to thrust until we were both finished. I leaned down on the table and Eric leaned over me. We were both trying to breathe again. Eric pulled out and stepped back.

We both quickly cleaned up and got ready to go. Eric stopped before he opened the door.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

I smiled. "I've been waiting years for this so yes."

He leaned down and kissed me.

"Take your hand off your stomach. We aren't ready to reveal that secret yet." He said.

I hadn't even realized that my hand was on my stomach. It had become a force of habit already. I put my hand down at my side.

"Oops." I said smiling.

Eric laced his fingers with mine and kissed my knuckles.

"Show time." He said.

The hallway was the easy part. We only passed a few people who didn't bother to take notice of us. As we neared the pit the sound of people was rising. My pulse picked up. It was finally the moment I had been waiting for. Eric squeezed my hand for reassurance then wrapped his arm around my waist. Then we stepped into the room.

The people around us took notice of us. The room was not incredibly bright but where there was light it made my ring sparkle. Eric was heading straight for Max. Max smiled as we approached. I knew Max fairly well and had even done some of his tattoos. I knew that Eric trusted him completely. I could feel the room watching us. Max hugged me and held out his hand.

"Alright let me see how he did." He said.

I set my hand in his. He looked at the ring that sparkled in the light coming from above us.

"Congratulations to the both of you. Eric, count yourself lucky because this girl is way too good for you." Max said.

Eric and I both laughed. Eric pulled me to his side.

"And don't I know it." He replied.

Max crossed to the balcony and we followed. He stood at the edge.

"Dauntless. We raise a toast tonight. To Eric and Liz on their engagement."

Everyone raised their glasses and cheered. The room was filled with thunderous applause. I looked at Eric who had his Dauntless face on but underneath it all I knew he was as giddy as I was. I could feel it in the pulse in his hands how excited he was. I followed his gaze to the corner of the room. He was looking at Four and a small blond girl who were both not clapping or cheering. I tapped Eric's arm and he looked at me.

"I love you." I said winking.

"Not half as much as I love you." He replied.

And then there, in front of the entire population of Dauntless, Eric dipped me and kissed me.