Chapter 18

Eric's POV

Liz was sleeping soundly next to me. I sat on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. I couldn't get my mind to quiet to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happen, was happening and was about to happen. I had been so preoccupied with finding Liz and making sure she was safe that he hadn't completely sunk in yet. Now that I had time to think about it everything was coming to the surface. Tomorrow we were going public as a couple. Soon everyone would not only know about Liz but also about my child. Max had convinced me that having it public was safer and I made the decision to trust him but we were going to keep the baby s secret for as long as we could. There was so much going on in my personal life but there was also so much shit about to go down at Dauntless. Tomorrow was the final test for the initiates. After that everything was going to change. Plans were made and everything was ready. Dauntless had no idea what was coming and neither did Abnegation. I looked over at my sleeping fiancé carrying my child and I felt guilty. Obviously she was not going to be part of everything was going down. None of the pregnant Dauntless would be getting the serum. But she also had no idea what was about to go down. Dauntless was about to change forever. I wanted to tell her but I also knew she would try to talk me out of it. This was something we were going to do and I didn't need anyone trying to change my mind. I heard the sheets ruffle and turned around. Liz was awake and looking at me.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah I alright baby, you go back to sleep." I said.

"Come sleep with me." She said.

I got under the covers and she curled up against me. She was warm, just like she always was. She always brought me warmth and light. I wrapped my arms around her and she rested her head on my chest. I kissed the top of her head.

"Goodnight love." I said.

She didn't reply because she was already asleep again.

...

Liz's POV

I woke up in the morning when I heard Eric get up. I looked at the clock and saw that it was very early. Today was the final test so I knew he had a lot to do today. I was worried about him. Something was on his mind. He had already told me that he killed Zach so I knew it wasn't that. Something else was bothering him. I could try talking to him tonight but I couldn't guarantee he would say anything. If Eric wanted to keep something to himself then he was going to keep it to himself. He had always like that. He didn't like to share his emotions very often. I would just be there if he was ready to talk. I heard the shower running and decided to join him. I quietly opened the bathroom door and slipped off my pajamas. I opened the shower door and slid in behind him. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his back.

"Good morning." I said.

He put his arms over mine.

"Good morning Lizzy." He replied.

I ran my hands up his perfect abs. It was so nice to feel his body again. I pressed my body against back. He pulled my arms off of him and turned around.

"Lizzy, no you are still recovering." He said.

Eric reached out and touched my bruised face. I touched his hand and pressed my body against his again.

"Please Eric. I need you." I said.

I saw the indecision cross his face. I knew that he wanted this as much as I did but was conflicted. I took his hand and led it down my body. His fingers automatically went to where I needed them. I moaned as his fingers slid inside of me. He kissed me then got down on his knees. I watched the water flow down over his back, soaking his hair. He gently lifted up my leg and kissed my inner thighs. He put my leg over his shoulder as he kissed higher. His lips found my clit where he gently placed a kiss. I moaned as his fingers were replaced by his tongue. His tongue moved in and out of me at a rapid pace. I had to struggle to stay standing. His hands found my thighs and he held firmly to keep me standing. He removed his tongue and licked to my clit. He licked it then kissed it, sucking a little bit. He inserted his fingers again while his mouth worked on my clit. I grabbed his hair and wrapped my fingers in it.

"Oh my god, Eric, oh god." I breathed out.

He laughed and it tickled. That was all it took to send me over the edge. Eric held onto me as I came. He continued his licking and sucking until I was completely finished. He placed one last kiss on my womanhood and set my leg down. I held his head against my hips as I leaned on him. I looked down at him and he smiled up at me. He placed a kiss on my stomach and then stood up.

"Alright let's get cleaned up." He said.

"Wait, what about you?" I asked reaching for him.

"No, we can save that for later. I have to get going. Besides, it will give me something to look forward to later." He said.

"Okay if you say so." I replied.

We both showered and dried off. I watched Eric get dressed quickly. I had on my robe and I just sat on the bed to watch him. He put on his coat so I followed him to the front door.

"I will be back to come get you for the ceremony. Make sure you wear something hot. I want all eyes to be on us." He said.

I laughed.

"You would. Alright have a great day. I can't wait to see you later." I replied.

Eric kissed me and hugged me against him.

"I love you Lizzy." He said.

"I love you too Eric."

With that he was gone. I headed to my closet to look at my outfits. Hmm, what would the pregnant fiancé of a Dauntless leader wear?