Chapter Nineteen

Începe de la început

Yana was also my other piece of being connected to what was knew with Nathan, and she likely knew that same as I did.

"Scarlett" she says with a soft smile that I returned.

"Yana, how are you?" I ask locking my car.

"Good, and you?" she replies before I joined her in walking towards the café.

"Well, I'm watching Nathan become more and more talked about at Harvard, he's taking it over piece by piece. In all honesty I'm practically waiting for the first fight to begin".

"Does he seem better then he did at the start of term?" I ask.

"It's like looking at a replica of Adrian Winters, a toned down one but however you take it Nathan is like his dad. Not actually a bad thing, it's nice to see him with so much confidence. Though I don't think you're faring so great" Yana says and I laugh while shaking my head slightly.

"Is it that obvious" I muse holding open the door.

"You look like you haven't slept in a week".

"Exam prep isn't very fun. People at parties are all either drinking, doing drugs, or fucking, about the only good part is my dorm can be fun, and there is this guy named Derek who host's parties" I say and Yana smiles slightly giving me a silent yet suggesting look.

"Is he cute?".

"Hey hands off, and he's charming".

"He's all yours Scar, just don't get your heart broken by some asshole just because Nathan is two hundred miles away".

"I still love him Yana, I don't really know what to do especially since he is ignoring me" I say, "I don't know whether to be upset and pout about it, but the alternative is to be a bitch and complain about it even though I sort of brought it on myself".

She nods and we stop at the counter to order our coffees and agree to share a pastry.

"Nathan has a business meeting in a few weeks in Greenwich, take the drive out and see if things are the same. Sometimes the heart can grow fond, and even if the feelings aren't there doesn't mean you can't at least be friends with him. He also might be relieved since Natalia returned, went to Britney Saint's birthday party" Yana says.

"If Nathan is coming to Connecticut couldn't possibly give him anything, least of all any closure. I'm a mess but I can possibly give a show of being alright" I say exchanging a weak smile with Yana's bright one.

"Have you talked to your parents recently?" Yana asks and I hum looking up at her as we went over to a booth.

"Apparently they lost half a trillion dollars in a day" Yana exasperates and my eyes shoot open.

"How?" I pry the shock of it hitting me like a train.

My parents had spent twenty years building that company, that money won't be remade until I was twenty-six, meaning I'd also be the one that would be under pressure to bring all that money back.

"No idea, rumours are racing around that he made a bad business decision and now it's caused a forty two percent loss. It's crazy" Yana says.

"That is crazy, I'll ask about it when I see them next. Also what is going on at Harvard aside from Nathan earning the surname Winters?" I inquire and and thinks for a moment.

"Well, I've been talking to Natalia seeing how she's doing I actually think she's there for a good reason but I'm not fully sure. She's a shy girl though, always has been".

"Shy is a family type though for Winters men, Adrian married Olivia who had nothing to do with money until that school, and Nathan seems to like soft girls" I comment.

Yana took a sip from her mug, "he also dated you, you're his equal literally. I actually thought you two would stay together. But you know what if he comes back to you he's yours forever" she says, "at least I think that's how that goes".

Letting out a laugh I looked outside at my car and found it hard to believe that I was the daughter of two billionaires along with had dated the son of the wealthiest family on the East Coast states.

"It takes a special kind of person to date a Winters, Yana. That girl he hangs out with Arilynn. She's lucky because she looks happy with him. It seems different from how Nathan and I's relationship was. Theirs seems so pure and innocent".

"Don't let the face fool you she's just like him Scarlett. She blends perfect into his circles, I actually feel like I'm staring at his parents just younger".

"They fit that perfectly huh?" I remark before wincing at the tinge of jealousy and glaciality to my tone.

"Sorry" I quickly add.

"No I shouldn't have said anything" Yana says giving me a remorseful look.

"I made it worse mentally. I just have things to get better at, everything has to get worse to get better".

"Cryptic comment, but not wrong".

"Anyways, I want to enjoy my coffee with my best friend" I say breaking the strudel I'd bought in half and giving her the larger piece while we sat and enjoyed the time together.

Done a second update and because its early I'll post it for all of you, have a great day, also comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌