Epilogue

Daemon & Laela's apartments, High Tide, Driftmark Island

174 AC

Fourteen year old Princess Daenys Targaryen, Heiress of the Iron Throne, quickly hurried to her great-great grandmother's apartments.

"She doesn't have long." her distant cousin, Lord Lucerys Velaryon, the grandson of Jacaerys Velaryon, informed her. "She's been asking for you."

"Thank you for telling me." Daenys murmured softly and opened the door, brushing a strand of white-gold hair out of her face.

The windows were open, the sea breeze entering. A beautiful view of the sea was shown, and Silverwing was hunting for fish.

"Grandmama." the rider of Syrax called out, quickly picking up her grandmother's hand.

"Daenys." Laela murmured. "You came."

This was not how one of the greatest women in Westeros should die, and Daenys wanted to scream. 

It had only been four years since Grandpapa Daemon had died, and Laela, after serving as Hand of the Queen/King to Queen Rhaenyra I, King Aemon I, Queen Naerys I, and now her mother Queen Aerena I, she had retired to her childhood home of High Tide.

She had outlive all of her children, her siblings, her husband, her parents, and a few of her grandchildren. She had lived to see her great grandchildren: Daenys and her little brother, nine year old Aegor.

Queen Aerena was the daughter of Naerys and Maelor's son Viserys, who had predeceased his parents, and one of Daena Targaryen's younger daughters— she had had seven in total with Simon Martell, and Melissa Martell, only a year elder to Viserys, had been married to the Prince of Dragonstone, before she had died giving birth to Aerena.

Aerena had married Elena Lannister's second son, Lucas Lannister when she turned sixteen. Thus Daenys was related to the Lannisters and Martells along with her Targaryen heritage.

"You have his eyes." Laela murmured in High Valyrian, struggling to speak. "You have his ferocity and drive and eyes with my magic and mind. You are the best of both of us."

Daenys smiled sadly. She did not know that, all she knew was that she had the Prince of the City's eyes.

"Daemon..." Laela whispered.

"You can rest now." the Princess of Dragonstone murmured. "He's waiting for you."

I hope you all enjoyed this story!