Interlude: Aftermath

Daemon & Laela's apartments, High Tide, Driftmark Island

120 AC

Aelyx wasn't allowed in the presence of Aemond or Alicent until they left. Laela watched stone faced as Vhagar, Dreamfyre, and Sunfyre flew away from a balcony.

"If I remember correctly." Rhaenyra said, coming to her cousins's side. "Daeron was sent to foster in Oldtown earlier this year."

"Correct." the Silver Lady nodded. She let out a sigh. "And now they have Vhagar—the little shit couldn't wait a year to claim a dragon."

"Vhagar is the largest dragon ever." Rhaenyra acknowledged. "But she can't take three full grown dragons at once. Or a dragon riding sorceress."

"True." Laela agreed. "How about a betrothal? Between Baelor and Alyssia—they are so close."

"Only if you convince Viserys to foster Daeron here—he and Aemma are so close." she challenged. "Do you have any ideas for Aemon?"

"I sent a letter to Lord Borros. He has agreed to betroth his daughter Laura to Aemon, she will foster with me on Dragonstone and at court."

"When is she coming?" the Velaryon scion inquired.

"Since I am leaving for Dragonstone in three days... Lady Baratheon should be here in a fortnight." the Realm's Delight said. "I'm guessing Aelyx and Shaera are to marry—she hasn't left his side at all."

Laela hid her wince. "Yes. The betrothal shall be announced in two days."

She disliked the incest of House Targaryen... but she had used magic and in multiple timelines, Aelyx and Shaera were married and happy.

And she knew better to try and prevent fate from weaving its spell.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!