Deaths of loved ones and the love of family

Cliffs of High Tide, Driftmark Island

Early 120 AC

Laena was dead.

Daeron Velaryon wept bitter tears for his wife as the funeral proceeded. Laena and Daeron's children—the oldest seven year old Jacaerys, five year old Aethan, and three year old Daenaera, clung to each other.

Laela quietly approached them. "Jace? Aethan? Daenaera? Its me, Aunt Laela."

The trio quickly tackled her in a hug.

Laela began to hum them a lullaby. "Its okay, little ones. We're here, your family is here."

She made eye contact with Daemon. We're going to take care of them until Daeron's back on his feet.

High Tide, Driftmark Island

Early 120 AC

That never happened. Daeron Velaryon committed sucide not three days after the funeral, leaving Jacaerys the (undisputed) heir of Driftmark, and he and his siblings in the care of their Velaryon kin.

The Silver Lady and the Rogue Prince encouraged their children to help their cousins. 

So Aelyx gave Jacaerys tips on sword fighting and took his cousin on flights on Vermithor. 

The firstborn child of the Rogue Prince had been allowed to fly the Bronze Fury under the supervision of his parents and Meleys, so he wasn't dragged off like Aerea on Balerion.

Shaera had been allowed to fly Grey Ghost as well.

Rhaenyra, Laenor, and their children stayed at High Tide for a little while longer. An escape from King's Landing—and the smallfolk loved Rhaenyra, the reason why the streets were cleaner, orphanages better funded, and for the learning centers.

Mysaria, the Mistress of Whispers, had ruthless shut down the child fighting pits with Daemon's aid, and arranged for the brothels in King's Landing to join her Pleasure Guild—and now, children taken into brothels. couldn't be forced to sleep with anyone until they were fifteen.

Daemon, Laela, and the Goldcloaks had hunted down all the pedophiles, child molesters, and child rapists—and used them as live target practice for the Goldcloaks.

And this was something even the Greens turned a blind eye too.

Aethan became fast friends with Alyssia and Baelor, while Daenaera and Rhaena became inseparable.

And then the royal family came to visit High Tide.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.