Battle of the Blackwood Vale (part 1)

Blackwood Vale, the Riverlands

131 AC

Criston spat blood as he cut off the head of another Black soldier.

"ARCHERS! FIRE!" a female voice yelled. When the Cole Knight looked up, he saw Alysanne Blackwood open fire with the archers.

Several of his men went down as Northern soldiers came in from behind. They had snuck around them!

Cowards couldn't even face them head on.

Overhead, shrieks were heard. Vhagar roared as she went toe to toe with Silverwing, Caraxes, and Vermithor.

Vermithor spun and rolled, and Criston frowned when he didn't see Prince Aelyx saddled to the Bronze Fury.

Instincts kept him alive as he ducked, a sword just missing his head. He slashed back and his enemy side stepped him.

A warrior in dark armor with no distinguishing parts other than a minuscule dragon made from rubies on his shoulder, a Valyrian Steel sword, Onyx Moon, in hand.

"Traitorous inbred bastard!" Criston spat as he swung his sword for the warrior's neck.

Aelyx dodged the attacked. "I've heard that a dozen times from sharper tongues! Are you to simple minded to get a new insult?" 

The rider of Vermithor promptly slammed his own sword into his side.

The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard staggered back as Aelyx unleashed a flurry of attacks. He shield went up into splinters as Onyx Moon cut it in half, and the last thing he saw was Onyx Moon coming for his neck.

That is today's chapter. I hope you have all enjoyed it.