Interlude: Battle of Driftmark

Driftmark Island, Blackwater Bay

130 AC

Grey Ghost barely dodged a scorpion bolt and retaliated by blasting another three ships by pale grey flames.

The Triarchy was attacking Driftmark, and Shaera, who had been reassigned to Driftmark was burning as many ships and men she could while Jacaerys lead the Velaryon fleet with Vaemond and Aethan and his Velaryon cousins lead the island defenses.

There's to many of them! Grey Ghost worried. He roared in pain as another scorpion bolt punctured his wing.

Shaera placed her hand on the injured wing membrane, letting healing magic flow into the injury. He barely pulled up in time and the eldest daughter of the Rogue Prince worried for her mother's home.

Two loud roars went up, and dragon and dragon rider turned to see Meleys and Aegarax appear. Aegarax dive bombed the main ships and caused dozens to sink if they were not burned while Meleys hit the boats ferrying men to Driftmark.

"FIRE THE ARROWS!" Jacaerys scream was heard, and a volley of arrows on fire came from the Velaryon ships and hit the Triarchy ones.

Come one! Shaera urged Grey Ghost. He roared and dove, pulling up swiftly to burn the leading flagship in a fiery embrace, using his own bulky to smash the mast.

It took another hour, but the Triarchy fled. The beaches of Driftmark were stained red with blood, but the island, its castles, and its towns still stood.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed my best shot at a battle scene.

Dance with Dragonfireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें