First Grandchild

Dragonstone Castle, Dragonstone Island

128 AC

"I can't believe you're a grandmother." Rhaenyra smiled.

Laela beamed. "Aerea is the most precious infant and I will kill anyone who hurts her."

"I'm guessing Daemon is in the same mood?"

"Yes." Laela nodded.

Aelyx and Shaera had gotten married nine months earlier in the first month of 128 AC. Now, nine months later, their daughter, Princess Viserra Targaryen was born.

Eventually Helaena had switched the Blacks with her children, Jaehaerys and Jaehaera. She was much more comfortable with the Blacks, who didn't see her as a tool and genuinely cared for her.

The two women glanced out the window. Viserra was in Alyssia's lap while Baela and Rhaena, along with Jaehaerys and Jaehaera made faces for her, the littlest Targaryen letting out laughs of delight.

Laura was now an unofficial member of House Targaryen with Aemon utterly smitten with his future wife. He had even crowned her the Queen of Love and Beauty when he won his first tourney.

Laura was considered the most beautiful of the Five Storms at the age of fourteen. Her ladies in waiting consisted of her sisters Ellyn (betrothed to Kermit Tully) and Maris (who was pleased with her betrothal to Jacaerys and vice versa), Lady Alys Tarth, Lady Melissa Strong (betrothed to Oscar Tully), Lady Alysanne Swann, Lady Alanna Blackwood, Lady Barba Redwyne, Lady Bethany Rowan.

Rhaenyra's own ladies had either wed or remained in her service. Or dead, in Laena's case.  

The entire realm was eager for the second Baratheon-Targaryen marriage, and House Baratheon and the Stormlands were firm supporters of the Blacks.

Viserra had been given an egg from Silverwing's clutch. A beautiful pearlescent egg with pale purple swirls.

And for a moment, everything seemed right.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.