The Firstborn

High Tide, Driftmark Island

First day of the last month, 110 AC

Laela's screams of pain echoed through High Tide. Daemon paced around nervously—his firstborn child would enter the world soon if everything went okay.

The cabal were attending her. Laela and Rhaenyra had propped them up—a mix of midwives and maesters that served at King's Landing, helping all pregnant women in the city.

Other chapters had popped up across Westeros after hearing the King's Landing Cabal success. From Winterfell to Casterly Rock to Highgarden, death rates in childbirth had gone down.

Corlys had founded a cabal at Driftmark Island himself. Who were now attending to Laela.

"It will be okay." Rhaenys said. "She's strong and will pull through."

The screaming stopped as a loud wail echoed.

That was his child's wail—and it was the most beautiful sound he ever heard.

The head midwife opened the door. "It is a boy, Your Grace. Healthy and robust—and Lady Laela is fine though we insisted to wait at least two years before another pregnancy."

Daemon entered the room and quickly sat down next to his wife. Their son stopped nursing and curiously looked up at him with deep violet eyes.

"He's beautiful." he murmured, offering his finger. The little babe quickly grabbed it, holding onto it.

"The name we chose if it was a boy?" Laela asked.

"Yes. Aelyx Targaryen." Daemon smiled. "Welcome to the House of the Dragon."

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.