Saturday, June 1st, 2025 5:13 pm Jo's POV

"Jo, have a seat, Peter you may stay if you'd like," Mr. Starks says. I sit far from him, he is intimidating. "Sierra knows you well, she said you like to doodle when you are stressed while taking a test," Tony says, looking at the file again.

"Based on the information we know, you would make a great fit for our team. We still do not know much about you, mainly because you answered the questions as Vision would. It's not a bad thing," Tony says plainly.

I nod so he knows I am listening. "I will learn more about you in the future, I will not force information out of you if you are not ready," Tony says, now sounding more calm and soft. "Peter, take the kid to his room and get him some food please, I have a meeting to go to," Mr. Stark says before leaving.

"Okay kid, what would you like to eat?" Peter asks. I stay silent. "Would you like to eat?" He asks. I shake my head no. "Okay then, to your room we go!" He says cheerfully. He grabs my hand and drags me through an abundance of hallways to a room that is empty other than a bed.

"You can use these to shop, I can help you order things if you'd like. You are allowed to make this room feel like home, or not. Whichever you'd like," I could tell Peter is nervous. I can sense it.

He hands me a phone, Kindle, tablet, and computer. I look at him confused. "Would you like for me to help you shop?" He asks. I nod quickly.

He smiles and walks into the room with me. He shuts the door and goes over to the bed. We sit on it and he takes out the computer or laptop, same thing.

He looks up some websites. "So, what would you like in here?" He asks. I shrug and stare down at the bed. "You are not much of a talker, are you? I'm sorry, that was rude of me. Can you even talk? You don't have to answer that," Peter starts to ramble.

I take the computer and he stops talking. I search and pick out a desk and desk lamp, a spiny fluffy chair, LEDs, A bookshelf, Spiderman posters, headphones, a carpet, beanbag chairs, and a Clarinet. Peter examined the list and smiled.

"Okay, you can get more stuff whenever you want, now for clothes!" He says cheerfully. He pulls up some websites and hands the laptop back to me. I pick out a shit ton of hoodies, some ripped jeans, a bunch of plain black shirts and white shirts, some regular jeans, and a suit. Peter looks at it, then looks at me.

"Would you like this Stitch shirt?" Peter asks, showing me a Lilo and Stitch crop top. I nod my head franticly and smile big. I love love love Lilo and Stitch. It's my second favorite movie after all. Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite movie.

Peter seemed pleased with my reaction. "Your things should be in soon, what would you like to do?" He asks. I think for a moment. Sierra pops into my head. I want to see her.

Before I can speak, something speaks, "Sierra has requested to enter the room. Do you authorize her entry?" Peter looks at me and I nod in approval. Sierra enters, the second I see her, I practically teleported to her. I moved very fast my dude.

"Jo, Oh My God, how are you? Are you okay? I missed you, did you miss me?" Sierra asks so many questions at once. I hug her tight, not wanting to verbalize an answer. Peter steps out of the room, while Sierra tries to get answers.

"You are not talking, are you in headspace?" She asks. I shrug. "I see, you are almost in headspace, but not quite. That's okay, we can play a card game, I'm sure Peter would like to play. Let's play UNO!"

8:32 pm

"Jo, you win!" Peter says happily. "Again," Sierra says, sounding annoyed. "Maybe we should go to bed, Jo is looking a bit tired," Peter smiles at the yawning boy. "Yeah, have a nice night," Sierra replies before leaving.

"Jo, you are not a normal boy are you?" Peter asks. I look at him confused. "Would you like to borrow some of my clothes to sleep in? They might be a little big." He offers. I nod in response.

He takes me to his room, then hands me a hoodie and shorts. The shorts are running shorts, and the hoodie goes down to my knees.

They are comfy though, so I'm not complaining. He stares at me for a moment. His eyes have a shimer inside of them. He smiles softly and takes me back to my room.

Peter wishes me good night and leaves me to fall asleep.

3:33am

I shoot awake and try to catch my breath. I had a nightmare, I look around the dark room. I am in little space. Who will protect me from the monsters? Peter, he'll keep me safe.

I get up and carefully make my way down the hall. Then I bump into to someone. What if it's a monster. I let out a quiet whimper.

"Jo?" Mr. Stark asks. I look up and see him looking down. "What on earth are you doing up this late?" He asks. "N-nightmare," I stutter out. His face turns soft as he holds out his hand to help me up.

I hesitantly take it and get up. "What happened in the nightmare?" He asks. "B-big purple monster m-man came too hurt me," I say in a child's voice.

"Aww, it's okay. I won't let the big purple monster man get you. Would you like me to sleep in your room with you?" He asks. I nod my head and make grabby hands for him.

He gently picks me up and carries me to my room. We lay down, the sound of his calm breath soothes me. I soon fall asleep feeling safe.