"I love you too bellissima" I coo before the doors opened and I strode out across the carpet that resided just outside the elevator for people to wipe their shoes off on.

"Mr. Winters" Kennith greets standing from his chair and walking over to me his hand out towards me, and I plainly ignore him for a second as my personal assistant comes over.

"I have emailed your schedule to you, with your list of meetings, and things that need to be signed off on, along with a series of other minor issues and disputes that need to be settled".

"Fantastic, thank you Kaylee" I say giving her a curt nod before turning back to Kennith who was slightly shorter then me his salt and pepper hair combed back smoothly, and his well fitted navy suit holding his body though I caught onto the padding in certain areas that were accentuated more then they should have been for a man of his age.

"Mr. Louviere to my office please, we have things to discuss" I remark and gesture with my free hand while Olivia gives me a look that said 'be nice'.

"He has good qualities just made a mistake" she whispers.

"You know that's a lie" I scoff and I glance in the direction of Kennith who was slowly walking towards my office doors.

"Adrian, don't let your emotions get the better of you, they don't normally but I know what you're like when family is involved" she says smoothing the front of my jacket.

"I will make no promises but I will try" I say and she smiles up at me which I return before turning and walking off towards the tall double doors of my office where Kennith waited.

It was one of a common business tactics I used snubbing people, and making them wait were both a power dynamic thing and I'd be using it for decades.

I didn't build a multi-trillion dollar empire by being nice to those I was making deals with. Some I was but most knew better then to cross me. I liked that reputation that if challenged, or know of a wrong doing I will take everything that my opponent thinks makes them better then everyone else.

Opening the door I let Kennith in first before following and shutting the door before putting both hands in my pockets and slowly making my way across the room.

"Please sit" I say with a sly smirk which he obliges by before I make my way over to the mini bar area.

"Would you like a glass of scotch, I find it's always good to have a drink while doing a deal relieves the stress of parting with so much money. After all you are about to give me just shy of half a trillion dollars to own the entirety of your company" I muse selecting one of my thick bottomed spiral glasses to fill with ice and put a pinky's worth of Ardbeg before filling it to the halfway with Coke Cola.

"You snubbed me in the lobby while your wife, PA, and a handful of your executives watched" Kennith says stiffly.

"All millionaire's what do their opinions matter, except my wife. Besides we both know that the hand shaking happens in agreement of deals not with greeting, we're old friends after all" I comment regarding his expression while remaining standing and silently placing the glass on my desk before pulling open a drawer and taking out a folder that had been meticulously made read, and edited to be given.

It had taken me almost a year to get him to agree to this. Having Louviere Financial no longer associated with Winters Group would be a blow to him not me, which shouldn't really be the case. After all Kennith owned a one point two trillion dollar company.

"You purposely embarrassed me, why I don't know" he says looking up at me while I stared down at me.

"Let me spell it out for you, I know what happened in Paris ten years ago, I was more then aware then a plot had formed so I took out the others involved. I just didn't expect it to turn into what it did. I protected you, and you protected me when I was the target of Carrick De'Vincent. We did one another a favour this is me returning that favour to be done with this whole ordeal" I say sliding forward the agreement.

Kennith then began reading it and I watched from the window while sipping my scotch.

"Half a trillion dollars!" he gasps.

Ah yes. So he reads the fine print wonderful.

"Yes that is what you will pay me, and I will get that amount. As I seem to recount either receiving what I want, or taking it" I smirk while the rainclouds outside swell into a black torrent of pouring rain and lightning.

"You're the devil Adrian" Kennith seethes.

"I am indeed called that often" I quip and he rushes to his feet a scowl across his face.

"Don't be irrational now, remember I have ownership stake in your company" I say calmly before taking a sip from my glass.

"This is betrayal" he proclaims, and I raise a finger as to shush him while a glacial look falls over my features.

"Do not speak of betrayal to me Louviere, I am aware of your piece. You are a pawn in a larger game, and you didn't play with the right strategy on my chess board" I warn, "now you will sign handing over forty-two percent of your company's value, or I will take it".

He frowned bitterly, before taking out his pen and signing on the dotted line on the agreement, along with the business cheque that would be verified and submitted to both my accounting department and a copy sent to the Louviere Financial one so that they could give me my money. I also knew that since he'd picked up the total amount based on interest payment, he would have also known that in twenty-four hours if it isn't submitted I have full right to use legal means to achieve my payout.

"I hope I never have to step foot in this office again, be aware you will never see me again".

"For your sake I pray that is true Kennith" I muse sitting down and watching him get just about to the door before I add my point.

"And for future reference, never threaten my family again, or nothing on this planet will save you from me" I exhale before he steps out of the door and practically slams it shut before I press a separate button on my desk.

"Security make sure Mr. Kennith Louviere leaves the building peacefully, I would hate for anyone to get hurt" I say and let go of the button before turning to look outside at the lightning storm that had set in over New York.

How it reminds me of myself.

Dismisses my amusing thought I take another sip from my glass before I started working through the list of things that I needed to get done.

That was probably the fastest update I've ever written specifically an hour I flew through that one. Comment thoughts, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace