03

A Deal With The Frigid Wizard  Chapter 3

Chapter 3

In the blink of an eye, the sun changed as she was wrestling with the kids who didn’t listen to their teachers at a small tutoring academy.

Jaeha tried and tried, but like a bird slowly sinking into a swamp, she could hardly escape from her miserable and poor life.

After building her career by working hard for a year at the tutoring academy with poor conditions, she moved to another academy—an academy run by a female director in her late fifties.

It was unusual from the words the director with a strict impression uttered during the interview.

“I am a person who values ​​talent as well as personality. Even when new people come in, I want to maintain the current family atmosphere.”

Director Yeo took it as natural that she arrived 30 minutes early and left the office thirty minutes late from the stated working hours. Was that all?

“Of course, you should do 1-2 hours of supplementary classes on weekends during the children’s exam period.”

“Well, then, how is the supplementary class time reflected in my salary?”

“Teacher Yoon. If the grades are good because of the supplementary classes for the kids, isn’t it good for the kids, the teacher, and me as well? At the most, you only have 1-2 hours of classes on the weekends… Even now, I think that I am giving it well for Teacher Yoon’s age and career.”

A 1-2 hour class at most…? Does she have to teach differently for each grade and school?

As the exam period for middle and high school students approached, they had to conduct free supplementary classes for more than eight hours on weekends, as if volunteering. Besides, because she was teaching Korean, Jaeha had to take care of all the writing assignments for the director’s middle school daughter.

Due to the severe exploitation of labor outside of working hours, daily life and work were not separated at all.

In the end, after one semester, she quit the academy and looked for a new academy.

The third academy she found was run by a male director in his late 30s. It was about twice the size of the academy where she first worked, although the salary increased slightly and the working hours decreased slightly.

Since it was a well-established place, so it won’t be run like a fist-fighting place with a family-like atmosphere.

Even thinking that she was lucky to be able to find a better place for a while, Jaeha suffered from the stalking of the director.

She thought it was an illusion at first. However, useless contacts continued, and the director continued to ask for a meeting outside of working hours, saying that he would treat her to a meal.

Even though Jaeha thought it was dangerous, but since he showed restraint in front of other teachers, she let her guard down that it would be all right if she didn’t give him a chance.

It was a mistake.

In mid-October, after middle school and high school students’ midterm exams, a group dinner was held. The grades of the students generally improved, so it was a place for the director to treat Korean beef.

Jaeha tried to refrain from drinking, but she had no choice but to drink a glass a few times because her fellow teachers, including the director, consistently recommended it.

‘It’s been a while since I drank. I don’t think I drank much, but I’m getting drunk quickly…’

Jaeha, thinking that she could not enter the house on her own feet, greeted the director and teachers and got up from the dinner party.