XX

How would he, no how could he bring himself to do this. He didn't have the energy, the will nor the reason to do it. To keep going, was to ripp apart his soul day for day, it was before already. Now with his partner, his lover the reason he promised himself to keep going, to one day see him again, gone. He knew he would never muster up a reason to breath again, and so he left. He left his job at the ADA with a letter, a letter of appreciation and adoration. For Kunikida who kept putting up with him despite is infuriating acts, for Atsushi who did beat everything the world threw at him, kyoka who did the same, for Yosano who'd always help him after he inevitably got hurt, for Ranpo for being a peson he could talk to when his thoughts got worse, for fukuzawa, for being there for all of them, no matter their backround and giving them a new chance at live and defining themselves a new person, he didn't have anything but kind words for them and the rest of the ADA. He even mention huuya, for giving him the chance to be a teenager when he was still in the mafia, and for Akutagwa, for forgiving him for all the things he had done to him, and letting him become a better person from it.

Once Kunikida had finished reading the note left on his table aloud, taers where falling down everyones faces, hands covering mouths and sobs throughoout the room. Dazai had left the location of the planned suicide on the note, his friends and colleagues hoped, prayed it was a silent plea for them to stop him as they rushed to said location.

They arrived franticaly looking for him, stopping as ranpo did. 

"Ranpo why'd you stop? We have to keep looking for him!" Atsushi urged him, pausing his breath and pushing the obvious out of his head. 

"Let's do his and (Names) funeral at the same time, so that way they can be together again."