XVI

"Why was I not informed?!" Dazai's monotone voice cut through the hospital corridors, like a saw through wood. He had gone through the same ritual as always.
"Mr. Osamu, we apologize, but we're not authorized to tell you! You aren't part of his family." He woke up. He took a walk.
"Not family?" He read a copy of the book he gave to [Name] as a late valentines gift, hoping to discuss it with him, once they had finished reading it.
"I'm is FUCKING BOYFRIEND!"  His head snapped towards the nurse, his body contorted and his muscles tensed as he heard why he hadn't been informed. The nurse cowered at the man infront of her. He was full of rage, confusion and strangly, regret. Dazai was stuck in thought, his mind a maze of different possibilities and outcomes, most of which where quit negative. He was pulled out of his hazed mind when someone tapped him on the shoulder. His eyes met their's in a glazed over look. He was empty before, but now?
"Why wasn't I informed?" The doctor was about to speak, when Dazai cut him off.
"A good reason." 
The doctor sighed, Dazai was informed of his name, but didn't bother to remember it. He didn't think he would need to.
"You weren't informed, because you aren't a blood relative. We are only allowed to give you this sort of information if you are blood related, or married." Dazai tensed at the doctors words. He wanted to marry him, but now he didn't know if he'd get the chance.
"I've been the person you call for everything that happened." He turned his body to face the other. "So why, in the name of everything important to me, did you not call me?" His voice was monotone again. Devoid of any emotion he might have felt in the moment. He got angrier the longer it took both the doctor, and the nurse to answer.
"Why didn't you call me, when [Name] fell into a goddamn coma!?"
Dazai grabbed the doctors collar, but stopped himself from anything else. He knew it wouldn't end well.
"How did it even happen? I thought this place was supposed to be super sanitary and monitored. A coma should not have happened!" He tried to keep himself quit, seeing as there where other residents there. "We don't monitor the room 24/7. Plus, we aren't even sure what caused this coma."
It wasn't often that Dazai was speechless, he was usually able to come up with a witty remark, an insult or atleast a comment, yet this situation has affected him. It affected him in a way he didn't know was possible, as he stared at the doctor. His face was so full of shock and disappointment, and so was his mind.
"You don't know?" Was all he could get out, his mouth pressing into a thin line, as his brows furrowed. "You don't know, why he's in a fucking coma!?"
The corners of his lips turned up slightly when he saw the doctor shake his head, not even brave enough to say it. Dazai pushed his hair back with both hands, as he let out a breathless laugh. A laugh of disbelieve, and dissapointment. Disappointment in the people that where supposed to help [Name] heal. He turned to face the wall, using one hand to support himself. He didn't want to cry, he didn't cry when oda died. So why did he cry now, [Name] wasn't even dead. He's just in a coma.
A coma.
And Dazai didn't know if he'd ever wake up again.
He didn't know if they'd ever be able to joke around ever again, or lie in bed together, joking about how much life sucks. Cheering eachother up, and giving eachother small hugs throughout the day. He didn't know if he'd ever hear his voice again, saying 'I love you' when they went to sleep, or the little good morning texts they'd send eachother, when they where away from the other.
As Dazai lent on that wall, the truth of the situation really hit him, as he broke down for the first time in years.
His knees no longer supported the weight he felt on his shoulders as he collapsed to the ground. He sobbed and screamed, but the knot in his chest was too stubborn to move. Stuck like the memory of [Name]'s laughter. It would normally make him smile, and quitly ask what he's doing to him, but with the thought of never being able to hear it again. It made the knot only grow harder, and heavier in his chest, making it almost impossible to breath. He slapped away the nurses hand, when she tried to comfort him.
It just didn't feel the same. It didn't feel right.
It didn't feel like [Name].