VIII

"I know that, and I apreciate it more than you'll ever know." Dazai broke the calming silence. (Y/n)'s comforting words still ringing in his mind. He knew now, and that's okay, because he said it was okay. Dazai felt like a puppet on a string everytime (Y/n) was around. He didn't even know how much power he held over this man that was so tired of living, of this pain and blaming himself for things that weren't even remotely his fault. And then (Y/n) stepped in and smashed all of those thoughts to the ground, his smile, the way he talks, the way he moves, the way he treats him like any other guy knowing what aweful things he had done. At first dazai kept half joking about a double suicide with him, (Y/n) would just role his eyes and keep talking about the previous topic. About two years into their partnership dazai realized something he never thought he would think about.
"(Y/n)? Remember when I would joke about a double suicide with you, when we where kids?" He asked out of the blue, making the man in question look up at him. Dazai was still looking at (Y/n)'s hands that had stopped working. "Yes, I remember. Why?" (Y/n) urged dazai to continue, ready to talk him out of something stupid if he had to. "Well, after a while I started to realize something." He said still starring at (Y/n)'s hands that now continued working. "At the time, I didn't think I'd ever really have a thought like this, as all I ever thought I wanted, was to die." (Y/n) raised a brow at his wording. "I thought that I wanted to die with you by my side." (Y/n) finished up the bandages on his arm, and let it go as dazai rested them in his lap, slowley looking up into (Y/n)'s eyes. "But I soon came to realize that your not the person I want to die with." He said, grabbing one of his friends hands and incasing it in both of his. "You're the person I want to live with." (Y/n) slightly gaped at that, never expecting something like this to come fron dazai of all people. He didn't move when dazai went to caress his cheek, and leaned in. Only when dazai was half-way there (Y/n) started to lean in aswell. Their lips meeting again, feeling just as emotionally explosive as the first. It was a lot shorter than the first, but neither of them minded as they stared at eachother with a loving gaze. "Will you be my boyfriend?" (Y/n) asked hopefully, a small smile on his lips as dazai only nodded and pulled his now boyfriend into a bone crushing hug. "I thought you said you weren't one for cuddles?" (Y/n) asked teasingly as dazai chuckled into his neck. "You're an exeption."