Chapter 61

A cat for a thousand spirit stones. If it was their own, it would still be costly. However, robbing from others was tantamount to picking up a thousand spiritual stones from a random place. After those wild cultivators heard about the issue about that order from the Bihai Continent, they used that kind of lowly method by snatching cats in exchange for money.

The cats in a dozen cities of the Bihai Continent would be extinct in more than a year. Up to that time, it was not even possible to find a cat after walking along a dozen cities.

Qing Fou took the cat and placed it on the table generously, which was similar to putting a pile of golden spirit stones in others’ eyes. Those cultivators had not picked up money in vain for a long time. Meeting Lin Suci was like looking at a cooked duck. They pounced on it quickly and decisively, for fear that the spirit stones in front of them would fly away.

Standing on the table, Lin Suci, who was still combing his fur, reacted extremely quickly. As a kitten without self-preservation, he knew exactly what he should do.

The kitten kicked his leg, quickly jumped onto Qing Fou’s shoulder and went into his black hood, hiding in behind Qing Fou’s neck where no one could spot him.

Then, he let out a triumphant meow.

The few people who failed to catch the cat rushed towards Qing Fou instead.

Among them, some people put some thoughts into it. With a raise of their hands, they waved out a magical tool. While a golden shuttle was spinning, sharp gold threads rushed out of it and quickly gushed towards Qing Fou.

Qing Fou was sighing.

Wearing a hood, he was wrapped in a black cloak. In order to hide his identity as a demon cultivator, his demon aura was completely reduced. The young man in black robes had no hint of a cultivator’s energy. Having a new born cat by his side, that combination was almost in a state of danger, enough to be slaughtered in a go.

A total of four cultivators rushed to the opposite side. In the inn, onlookers watched, and more people secretly watched them.

“He’s in trouble…”

Qing Fou slightly turned sideways, and the golden thread that came on his face glowed. It brushed past him, and directly plunged to the ground. The thread was soon lightly stepped by Qing Fou’s foot.

At the same time, the sharp blades and the deliberately thrown shurikens were close at hand.

Qing Fou stepped on the twisted golden thread and kicked gently, the person’s golden-threaded magic tool was flung. It took a U-turn, and rushed straight towards the approaching blades and shurikens.

Metals collided with a clank, and the blade was completely entangled by the golden thread. It was not allowed to get close to the target, while the shurikens was cut directly, broken into two halves as it fell to the ground.

The changes all happened in only an instant. With a raise of the calm and restful Qing Fou’s hands, he had deprived others of their natal magic tool to his use. The golden thread twisted its body and was turned into a sharp, deadly weapon. Rolling up the oncoming blades, he reversed their directions and made them head towards the cultivator who was unleashing a saber.