The King of the Vampires (1)

Fredo could only lean back and stare at the piled up papers and maps that were stacked on his table and, to an extend, his floor;

The places that could be used by the wolves and still met with his Criteria were unsurprisingly low. Those places were either extremely hidden but also terribly deadly for any living being to live in or safe and sustainable but not hidden well enough.

He even started to wonder if he had to relocate the wolves to the western continent at that point. A risky, but a far better plan in the long run. And even if those wolves were to be found again, there won't be any trace of the vampire getting involved.

But there was also the matter of How the transportation of the wolves is going to go.

He didn't know any mage that could be strong enough to do a mass teleportation of hundreds of wolves in one go, nor does he know any mage that is trustworthy.

Truly,

He only have three remaining places to check in the east before he really has to consider moving the captured Blue wolves back to the western continent.

Fredo threw away all the unused documents he no longer needed to the fireplace and let the paper fuel the fire even more.

It was better to burn every and all evidence related to the wolves as he could, even if they may seem unrelated at a glance, he was sure that the White star would be suspicious if he were to see these documents. Especially the map coordination's...

"Hmm.." Fredo took another look at the last three coordination's he needed to check, he also needed to burn these soon.

He had an inkling that the White star was already perceiving him as a prey rather than a pawn lately. He wasn't sure why when he was playing his part perfectly.

But, as he was using him, Fredo would gladly also use that fact and play around a bit more before they inevitably had to aim a sword at each other's throat. But before that, Fredo has to make sure he wrung that White bastard dry–

"Sire, May I come in?"

A knock came from the door that leads to his office.

It sounded like Rudolf.

"Yes," Fredo threw the last coordinate to the fireplace, "the door is open, you can just enter"

The man behind the door didn't wait another second and did as command. The person was covered from head to toe, not even a single speck of skin was shown. His face was also covered by something akin to a miners mask.

"What do you want to report?"

The hounds were Fredo's own intelligence team that also acted as his eyes and ears in places that he couldn't check himself. Though Rudolf's tasks were a bit different than the rest of the Dogs that he raised, they were still relatively similar in elements.

They also never would come to him on their own unless there was something important they needed to report. So seeing Rudolf here, it was rather... unexpected.

"There is something I need to report, sire"

"What about it?"

"It wasn't in any of the investigation orders you gave us, but since it concerns... that man, I thought you might want to know, sire." Rudolf pulled out a scroll out of his pocket and gave it to Fredo. "It's about the Battle mage, Redika"

Redika?

That crazy bastard?

The scroll was carefully unwinded,