Sweet and savory; Bakery au

Thump

  A hand was placed next to Barrow's head as a water droplet drips from the corner of his face from his disheveled hair.

"Stop squirming around," 

  A red head in front of him muttered, grabbing the other's head gently into his own hold. Barrow could never believed what was happening to him right now;

"You're going to make a mess out of my place if you keep this up,"

Cale touched the back of his ear and cares it caringly. 

Barrow tensed up, he couldn't believe what was happening.

  A fluffy towel landed on his head, covering most of his sight. The dim lightning wasn't helping at all with the situation.

Barrow sighed,

He was being treated like a stray cat!

  "I can dry up my self" He frowned, trying to take control of the moving towel on his head. Of course, Cale didn't let him. 

Cale ruffled the other red head's hair to dry it.

  Barrow has been a regular in his bakery since three months ago, he always came every day to buy some sweet breads at 5pm sharp. Today was probably not much different than any other day. "Another batch of sweet breads as usual?" he asked nonchalantly,

"...yea" By now, Barrow had given up on trying to take the towel away and just let Cale do what he wants,

Cale eyed the broken umbrella and the drenched satchel bag near his bakery's door.

  The poor guy was probably on his way to buy the usual, when a rather huge storm came pouring into the streets like its raining cat's and dogs. 

Nyaa

Ngeaoww

Two kittens peeked out from behind the counter; Their eyes were filled with curiosity at the stranger.

"I never saw them before," Barrow commented, one of his eyes still covered with the towel.

"I taken them in for today since it's raining outside," 

  Cale answered, taking the wet towel off of Barrow's head and changed it to a new one and placed it on top the other's head. "Dry your self up, I'll prepare something warm to drink"

Barrow didn't say anything and accepted the gesture,

  He looked around the store he had became familiar to; He first came here purely because of curiosity, Especially about the rumor's how the Count's  eldest son had ran threw away all his right's as an heir to the 2nd and started a small Bakery in the outskirts of the city.

Who would have thought the store would sell soo many unique looking kind of breads and sweets?

  The second time was because he was just passing the store, The third and fourth time was because some of his subordinates said they wanted to try the sweets. and somehow, by the fifth, It became a habit to buy some bread.

A warm cup touched his cheek,

"Drink, it'll warm you up."

"Ah..." Barrow took the cup and looked at the contents inside it, it was a warm chocolate swirl with a white marshmallow in the center. 

Pity, 

He won't be able to taste anything regardless how it tasted,

"Thank you,"