Light beyond ones eyes (1)

Curiosity had gotten the better of him,

And if he was just a bit more rational, maybe just a bit more cautious considering the place he was in, then he would have known that this irrationality would have been the end of him.

But it had been years, decades even, since he last heard another person.

All rationality be damned,

Choi han ran towards where he thought heard the source of the previous voice was at.

Maybe, just maybe,

He had found his hope,

. . .

But when he arrived,

There was no one,

.

.

.

Cale watched as a black haired boy ran towards where he was standing just seconds ago from on top of a tree.

The boy there looked haggard and worn out, but though he was like that, he was obviously very strong. If he had to make a comparison, the knights in his territory would all lose against him even if they attacked together.

But none of that was his concern;

Cale paid attention to his appearance.

There wasn't anyone who he knew that had Black hair and eyes like that boy, even in the eastern continent, Black hair and eyes like that should be quite rare. So...

A native of the forest?

There weren't any reports about any village living in the forest... a hidden tribe perhaps? That's not entirely impossible. But how strong would a tribe have to be, to survive inside a place where anyone else would deemed it to be a forbidden region?

Cale contemplates,

Should he ask this boy about the location of the lake? Does this boy even know about it?

Would he even tell him if he did?

"An..y o..ne..?" The boy started, his voice was rasped and dry. He sounded like someone who hadn't spoken for a millennia;

"P..lea...se..." he sounded like he was about to cry,

He almost looked pitiful,

Especially with how ragged he looked right now,

...reminding him, Cale, of someone-- a person he'd rather forget and bury in the back of his mind.

Cale starred as the boy looked around, trying to search for something-- someone,

He stared when the boy sighed in disappointment when he still saw no one and turned around like a dejected puppy,

when the boy's shoulders just sank lower and lower into a ball...

he stared,

and keep on staring...

Cale click his tongue;

.

.

.

Choi han bit his lips,

It was probably his imagination playing tricks with him. Was he that lonely to the point he had begun to hallucinate someone's voice?

But it was so realistic..