As sturdy as it gets (1)

It was just one more day before the start of the Ball.

  Just one more day before Cale could start his plan that will portray the character he will play for the public eyes to see. And in that one day, he was supposed to get ready and review all the materials that he needed for the following day;

Yet somehow, here he was.

In the middle of the forest, at night. 

  Cale covered his mouth with his free hand, holding back a sigh that was almost let out. He really shouldn't be too surprised with the current situation

Even if the little Blob know more than what any week old baby should know, it was still a baby. It's mana was probably still unstable--

  "This should be the place! I know it should be this place!" The black blob repeatedly reassure itself, it's chubby cheeks were pressed to Cale's neck and shoulder, "The great and Mighty me couldn't have made the wrong coordinates"

Cale patted the blob's head,

"Yes, yes; You didn't do anything wrong..."

Cale doesn't want the little Dragon to accidentally blow up the entire forest, along with him, just because of stress.

But he still need to figure out where he is,

  It was already dark, so he could barely see anything surrounding him. The trees were also rather tall and covering most of the sky, to the point the moon was barely visible-- that was a problem.

Should he move around and try to look for a bit?

It would be a bit dangerous, but it's the only thing he could think of right now...

"I'll go around for a bit..."

Cale muttered, giving the little blob on his shoulder a heads up of what he was going to do.

And a small light pop up next to him,

It was probably the work of the little blob. 

.

.

.

  Everything was quiet, there wasn't any monster's that attacked them, nor was there any other living beings there.

It was almost too quiet for a place that was supposed to be dangerous--

Crack

The two could hear A pebble clattered and saw it rolled towards Cale's shoes,

"Human!"

A silver shield immediately shot out of his hands, and covered both himself and the little blob before they were buried under Rock avalanche.

. . .

Raon's paw were hovered mid air,

He couldn't react and activate his shield fast enough, just like that time. In the end, his human was the one who had to shield them both again. 

His weak and fragile human and the Silver light was the only thing that helped them see in the darkness.

"...human?" 

  The little Dragon's eyes slowly drift to the side where his human was at. That was the second time Raon had ever widened his eyes to the point they started to hurt.

Cough

Raon trembled at the familiar sound of his human's coughing and the sight of a red trail seeping past his closed lips.