5 - A man of few words

Silence filled the car as it drove through the city, the neon lights reflecting on the window you were leaning against. Pain had started to creep its way across your body and each breath you took felt like you were closer to death.

You had given up on contacting Naomi as you had realized you had lost your earpiece during your skirmish with the monsters, or maybe it was when you had run as if your life depended on it. Naomi was never going to shut up about it. Not only had she told you to bring your phone with you but she had told you countless time to buy one that would not slip out of your ear.

You sighed. As if you had the money to buy one anyway.

You looked up. The young black haired man was sitting at the front, on the passenger seat and was staring at you in the rear-view mirror. You adverted your gaze, feeling uneasy. On the other hand, the blond haired man had not spared you a glance. You silently gritted your teeth, not sure what was more annoying – him ignoring you or the fact that he had spent most of his time staring at the bloodstain you had made on his shirt.

"So, how am I supposed to call you ? Mr Nanami ? Chancellor ? Or Kento maybe, given how much we've bonded in the last few days." You asked.

The young man snorted at the front and the blond man deigned meet your gaze, his face unreadable apart from the frown of his brows.

"You sure have a smart mouth for someone bleeding out in someone else's car." He replied flatly, ignoring your question.

"Again. Your fault." You spat and continued before he could say anything. "If you had not done whatever it is you've done to me the last time we met, none of this would have happened."

"And what is it that you think I have done ?"

"I don't know. You tell me." You stuck out your chin, knowing you had no idea apart from that smell these yokais had been talking about.

He did not answer, his stare following the features of your face. "Choso." He said, and the young man turned his head toward you. "Tell the doctor we're close. She will need stitches. And new clothes." His eyes met yours again and you could have sworn you saw his mouth twist in disgust. "And ask for the car to be cleaned."

This son of a....

You considered jumping out of the car out of spite and told yourself it was because it would be a certain death for you to do so and not because you could still feel your heart beating at the idea of the monster that had almost killed you-- that you decided not to.

The car came to a stop and you watched as Nanami, as you had decided to call him since he would not answer, got out of the car and walked toward a grey building.

You did not recognize the surroundings and you reached for the door handle before Choso, the black haired male, opened it for you.

"Why did you not open it for him ?" You asked as you struggled to get up.

"Do I look like a butler to you ?" He snorted.

"You don't look like anything to me." You retorted and you swore he almost looked amused.

You took a second to look at him. He was fairly tall, not as tall as the blond man making his way into the building without even trying to see if you were following, but still you had to look up a bit to meet his light brown eyes. He had dark shadows under his eyes that toppled a small nose. He tilted his head, his hair tied in two strange ponytail behind his head waving as he did so.

Your eyes could not help but stare at the strange black strip across his nose, but you did not dare ask what it was. Probably a demon thing you thought.