2 - L'hirondelle

L'Hirondelle, was a nightclub frequented by many different people – meaning that regardless from their upbringing and their wealth, people mingled in there, whether the two moons or the pale sun, shone in the sky.

From outside it looked like a bird sitting at the top of a weird shaped building but as you got close, it looked more like an elaborated cage, from where you could make out people lavishly dancing though the tinted windows.

You could hear the basses of the music even from outside. It was always a weird sight, people coming in this place even though it was almost morning. But this was how this place worked. Never asleep.

You stopped at the entrance near the two bouncers. Twins. They were the tallest people you had ever seen and you forced yourself to look up to meet their eyes. 

It was rumored that one of them had tried to eat the others while in their mother's belly and that they had fought even before coming out of it, which was why one of them was missing a nose and the other an eye. You had another idea in mind but that rumor was quite funny so you had never asked if it was true.

They noticed you coming closer and they exchanged a look, their pale blue eyes jumping from you then to behind you. One of them, tapped on the earpiece in his ear and raised a hand to stop you.

"Maman va peter les plombs." The one on the right said, running a hand in his long brown hair. Both their hair reached their shoulders and you reminded yourself to ask them what products they used to make them that good looking.

"Encore toi ?" He said to you.

What was his name again ?

"Still not speaking french, Guillaume." You shrugged. "How is your evening going ?" You tried to give them the best-- I'm not planning to scam another one of your customer again-- smile you could but their face stayed stern and you doubted it was working.

"I am not Guillaume." He pointed to his brother. "That is Guillaume." He said with a heavy accent. 

"Right..." You took a split second to remember his name. "Nor...."

"Nicolas." He sighed, his thin mouth constricting as he looked you up and down.

"Maman said you're not allowed to come back."

"Did she now ?" You gave them a wry smile and they crossed their arms on their chest in a synchronized movement, giving you chills all over your bodies. You tried not to look too weirded out. "Oh come on, what have I even done ?"

"You came last week. Said no funny business and then one of our client came to see Maman yesterday, screaming because he had woken up in an alley in clown clothes." Guillaume said, his voice higher than his brother's.

You held back a snort. "How is that my fault ?" You rolled your eyes, looking around.

Those dumbasses were wasting your time.

"He said he had to go the hospital because you put weird piercing on him." Nicolas added.

"Do I look like I could do that ? Look at me." You opened your arms, your worn out long leather jacket shuffling. "I look more like a nethacker than someone who could do anything physical to anyone. How do you even know that it was me ?"

"He described you." One of the twins replied.

"You do know there is approximately a thousand people wearing a leather coat like that in the city, right ?"

"I am not kidding. Maman said that this was the last time." Guillaume said your name, his muscular arms flexing under his too tight clothes. "Rentre chez toi."