CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

- baby, you have been working hard while I was down there.
He couldn't help the smile but also felt bad because she was working hard while he was dealing with his rut.
He walked to the kitchen to find some food but he wasn't expecting to find his fridge fully stocked with wagyu and hanu beef ready to be cooked.
- woman, what have you been doing?
He smiled hard for the first time in a very long time, he looked around the apartment.
- she tidied up too, I never asked her to do that, she does enough in the office.
He said going back to prepare some food, he was starving after the past seven days.
It was late night when he received the last email from her with the reports from the month.
- what, are you still working?
She was at home but had taken some reports with her which needed to be completed in a timely manner.
- I'm going to scold her tomorrow for working until late.

In the morning he woke up feeling refreshed and well rested he had gone to bed earlier than usual because he was exhausted, leaving the house after a well deserved shower, well dressed as usual.
Once at the office he noticed that she was already there, he wasn't too happy about that.

- does this woman sleeps in my office or something, jeez?He walked in his office without her seeing him

He walked in his office without her seeing him.
She was too lost in her work.
- why is she killing herself like this? I don't want that, I'm here to share the work load with her.
After a while she got up from her desk.
- he isn't here yet that's weird he is always on time.
She thought walking in the office.
- is so stuffy in here even though I open the windows every day.
She said walking up to his desk to open the window.
He was walking out of the restroom standing behind her.

- good morning y/n.
- shit...
She said grabbing her chest and covering her mouth.
- I apologize sir, I didn't mean to curse but you scared the life out of me.
He smiled for a few seconds.
- you smiled.
She said with surprise.
- it was amusing, but specially your face.
- sir is not funny you almost gave me a heart attack.
- it wasn't my intention y/n, I apologize.
- how long have you been here, did you sneak up in here?
- I just walked in but you were just lost in your work, what are you trying to do y/n, kill yourself?
- why do you ask that?
- because you were here until late last night, and you were already here when I walk in.
- sir I left on time, I just took some reports that you will need today so I could have them ready for you.
- I appreciate what you do but we supposed to share the work but you are trying to do it all, why?
- sir I have been trying to keep up with the work since you are indisposed.
- thank you for making it sound so graceful y/n, by the way I apologize for that night, I was hoping it could hold a little bit more so I could drop you home not the other way around.
- is ok sir, by the time I brought your suitcase inside you were already locked up, I felt awful leaving you in there like a wild...
- say it is ok, that's who I really am a wild beast.
- no sir, you are very far from that, I have seen how you treat others but specially your mom.
- she is my everything so I have to take care of her, the only real family I have left so I have to watch over her, she has done everything for me and my father when I was growing so is my time to return that to her with interests.
- well while you were indisposed I watched over her, I dropped her home, I ate in the lounge, I talked to her honestly I really enjoyed her company.
- thank you for that y/n, did you drop her home and then went home alone?
- well yes sir, what else was I going to do?, I don't live around here.
- I told you to take the car that other night, why didn't you?
- no sir I draw the line right there.
- hard headed woman.
- well now that you are here, I'm going back to work.
- y/n...
- yes sir?
- thank you for everything, really from the deepest of my heart, if it wasn't for you I probably would have killed myself that night trying to drive home like that.
- aigoo...
She said as she shot forward to hug him, his arms went up.
- please don't say that sir.