CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

- that's great but I don't know if I can be with him, what if he loses control and hurts me or someone?
- dear I promise you that won't happen, that's not who he is, his father was always so gentle with me and he wasn't even half of the man that Jungkook had become within the years.
- that's fine and dandy miss Jeon but I don't think that me dating a werewolf is the life I have been dreaming of.
- do you go to bed feeling proud after lying like that?
- I'm not lying.
- you are as bad as him, who is letting himself go to waste, not eating nor resting just working his life away.
- Is he still working?
- of course, he is working, he has a company to take care of, after working so hard to bring it up.
- he will be fine he is a big boy.
- I hope that all that I said can get through to you somehow, don't waste time because you never know what could happen, he looks weak and you look like death.
She said before making her way to the door.
- my son might not be perfect but one thing I know his heart is pure and full of love for you beast and all.
Was the last thing she said before disappearing leaving y/n sitting in the living room thinking about everything that Jungkook's mother told her.
- why did she have to come here to make me feel guilty? it sounds like he isn't doing too well.
She said leaning her back against the sofa rest.
A few more days later and y/n finally realized that she needed either to get back to work or find a new job, walking to her room to find her phone and quickly looked for Yeonjun's contact number.

She shoots him a text.

- hey Yeonjun this is y/n.
Yeonjun was home with his wife when his phone announced a notification.
- baby, you got a text.
His wife said handing him the phone.
- thank you, love, I wonder who is it.
He opened the phone to find the text almost giving him whiplash.
- who is it, love, why are you looking so pale?
- is y/n.
- y/n, Jungkook's...
- mhmm.
- what did she say?
- she is asking if he found another assistant yet.
- she sounds like she wants to get her job back.
- but he isn't in the country.
- baby, you guys have been working as his assistant since this whole debacle with that awful wolf happened.
- I know baby, but what should I tell her?
- tell her that he hasn't because he is hoping that she comes back at some point.
- should I do that?
- baby, don't you want to see him get back to normal at least ok that side then the other situation might get worked out while at it.
- I don't know, is that a good idea?
- yes baby, trust me I would not advise you on something that I wouldn't do if I was in your shoes, I want our alpha to go back to normal.
- but what if she only wants her job but not him, wouldn't that be torture for him then?
- baby, at this point we are going to have to take the risk other wise Jungkook is never going to get better, do you want him to die of suffering?
- of course not baby, what kind of question is that?
- well then, if you think that is not a good idea ask the other guys to ask them what they think.
- I will baby thanks I'm thankful that I can always count on you.
- of course, you can, am I not your better half after all?
- indeed you are beautiful.
He said with a smile which she replied with a kiss.
Yeonjun mass texted the others telling them about y/n reaching out to him, what she wanted, and what his wife had advised him to do so they could give him their input.
They all agreed even though it could be a double edge sword but there was a risk that they were going to have to take if they wanted to help Jungkook to get out of the darkness that he have gotten buried in.
Yeonjun reached out back to her telling her that he had contacted Jungkook who was on a business trip which was a lie, but he wanted to surprise Jungkook or kill him whatever happens first, Yeonjun lied to her making her believe that Jungkook already knew about her wanting her job back and she could start the next morning.
That gave y/n a piece of mind because she needed to make money asap, she wasn't too keen on getting paid when she wasn't doing anything.
Still, she was wondering how was her heart going to react whenever she sees him since it has been quite a while since they have seen each other.
- well I guess I got my job back.
She said making her way to the room to pick her clothes for work, after she managed to pick an outfit, she walked to the room, she sure was going to need a lot of self-care to get back to looking decent for work, taking in consideration that she has been locked up in her apartment for weeks.
Jungkook was finally coming back home from his business trip.
He was exhausted, hungry, annoyed, irritable, wanting nothing more than to disappear so anyone could find him.
- back here in this empty cold house, not even my wolf heat can keep me warm nowadays.
He said as he walked inside his empty apartment.
- mama was here.
He said while letting the air in the apartment fill his nose.
- most likely filled the fridge with lots of good stuff.
He said as he made his way to his fridge, when he opened the door, he smiled.
- yep she was here.
Besides, there was a note from his mother on the container.
- you better eat or else.
- goodness she is feistier than my late father.
He said before closing the door of the fridge and then making his way to his room.

- goodness mama is right, I need to get my shit back together.
He said while taking off his clothes and then heading to the shower.
In the morning y/n had to force herself out of bed having her body used to being at home doing nothing for so long.
- ugh, I hate that I have become so freaking lazy, at least he isn't in the country, so I can get my work caught up so everything is at par whenever he comes back I know how he likes to have everything perfect.
She finally finished getting ready so as she walked out of the house her heart began to race, not knowing what to expect when she and Jungkook's paths crossed once again.
- please keep me strong and sane heavens.
After a long ride on the subway, she finally made it to the company building.
- wow what is this weird feeling I have?, I feel like the first I set foot in this place.
She said making her way into the elevator.
Once she got off her floor, the butterflies took over her stomach, palms began to sweat.
- come on y/n, get your shit together
She placed her things before turning on her computer, and she walked into his office to open one of the windows to ventilate.
- the first order of business is emails, I need to get the email that Yeonjun is supposed to send me so I know where to start in my work.
Finally, at her desk, she found Yeonjun's email, so without wasting any more time she got to work.
Jungkook had no plans of showing up to work early, but without an assistant, he had no choice.
- ughhh.
hours felt like a blink of a sleepless night once again.
- I better just get up I didn't sleep much still I'm running late for work.
Quickly after doing his morning routine Jungkook finally left his house
Y/n had gone to Human Resources to deliver some documents that needed to be turned in when Jungkook made it to the company, he walked into his office not even noting y/n's belongings on her desk.
- did I leave the window open when I left the last time?
He wondered while walking behind his desk until a familiar scent filled his nose.