Chapter 11: Unknown City

Grey

We slowly made our way to the floating city. As the days have passed I tried to push down the thoughts of "why am I doing this, what makes me so loyal to Alacrya, why are we at war and how was I brought here"

I knew that my questions would be answered in due time, focusing on them would only mess with my head. Just get stronger, Grey...that's your only focus for now. Just get stronger.

I saw Kai crane his head upwards. The giant shadow cast by the island was mind blowing. But a single question still rang in my mind...

"So um...how do we get up there." He said

Caera only scratched the back of her head.

"We definitely can't use magic to boost our way up there, it's too high up." I said, scratching off an idea.

I could feel the mana radiating off the island, as if it was floating there using magic, somehow. This gave me an idea of sending for aether. But the only condensation of the fifth particle I saw was at the very edge of the island.

A portal

"We could use a portal to get up there, we just have to find one"

"This is the closest city to us for miles, we won't be able to just find a portal" Caera argued.

I slammed my self down. Trying to shove down my sour mood.

Suddenly my rune on back started aching

Really!! Now of all times I thought.

I tried to close my eyes, ignore the pain.

"Um, Grey..." Caera said

"What" I snapped

"Why are you floating in purple?"

"Huh"

I opened my eyes and saw me incased in a vibrant purple shell. Than I started to vibrate, the shell along with me.

"GUYS WATCH OUT" I yelled through instinct.

Quickly I started falling.

Oh great...this rune really is a curse, I thought, ready for the impact with the ground.

I squeezed my eyes shut, but felt nothing. I opened one eye and then the other.

"Ahhhhhh" Caera screeched

We were falling through the ground.

But how?

Bang

We crashed onto cement. But it didn't feel like anything. Just a light little tap.

Than who crashed?

The purple shell faded, letting my vision adjust to the door.

"Ow that shit hurt" Kai said rubbing his right leg

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Oh yeah just fantastic."

"Grey...what was that" Caera called out from behind me. Her delicate voice surprising me.

"Not really sure...it kinda just happened"

"Do you at least know where we are" Kai asked

"Nope"

"Oh well that's even better"

My rune tugged my leg, as if begging me too move forward.

I held in a groan

"Well we can't go up, might as well go forward." I said as enthusiastically as I could.