Chapter 8: Relic Revived

Quick note, I'm not going to make Grey struggle with his "gift from the phoenix" (I'm sure most of you already know what it is anyway) because he is dark silver so I don't see why his body would be to weak for it or would reject it.

Alright that's it enjoy the chapter :))

Grey

I wanted to jump up and down in celebration, dance in victory and excitement, I figured out what the fifth particle was! But I had to remain focused, one lousy move and I would end up nearly dead again. I walked up a set of mossy stairs, my muscles tensed and ready to move at a moments notice. Using Beilla's memories I figured out a way to see aether, although that's all I could do. However, for the moment it was more then enough. I could see where aether was most packed, which I learned is where the traps are set. I could also see a heavy concentration of aether in front of me, which is where I was going now.

A stair creaked under my body's weight.

Clang

Shit, heavy metal dropped. I turned my head, a creature of aether was moving towards me. I wanted to run, but not being careful would lead to another trap being sprung.

Fire...I thought. A deep blue flame ignited in my hand. Skewer barrage I then chanted while I stepped hard onto the ground, letting little bits of wood fly up from the stair case. The shattered pieces flew up as I guided them behind me. I could now hear the beast, it was running at me full power. Trap after trap was being sprung as the beast was mindlessly stepping on them. I could see it now! I waited carefully...NOW! As the beast sprung at me I sent the wood flying at the beast, but before they hit they past through my fire. Quickly I sent a gust of wind, letting the fire grow into a flaming pillar. The beast was crashed onto the ground, reeking of burnt oil.

"Hey look at you, setting off all those traps just for me."

Your death wasn't completely in vain.

I walked casually past my fallen opponent, my lower back now screaming in protest. As if telling me to not go forward.

Useless rune...I thought.

I pushed forward, now visibly seeing the aetheric presence in front of me...a portal.

Third person
Tell me how you like it :)))

"What do you mean "deal is off" it benefits both of us." Seris screeched in panic.

"Perhaps, but that is not my task." The man said simply, pressing his spear up again the Scythes .

Seris shot a black spike towards her opponent, but it merely shattered on impact.

"Are you sure you are a Scythe, I think even a Retainer could do better than that."

Soulfire burned around the Scythe, hatred and anger fulling it's desire to eat all the mana around.

"Simply another party trick" said the man, combing his gelled hair with his fingers.

His shimmering spear rose up, ready to strike down the Scythe, but was interrupted by an influx of aether gathering behind him.

Can a Scythe control aether, he thought to himself. No...Agrona is not that smart.

He turned his back onto his opponent, completely ignoring her attempted assaults.

The aether gathered more and more, as the mans eyes widened.

"Could it really be?"