Nora: Not like this.

Ren sighs and pulls the knife his father gave him out of his boot. He holds it in both hands. Nora places her hand on the hilt with his and closes his fingers around it. She looks at him with a fierce, determined expression.

Nora: We can do this.

Ren looks at her with big eyes before nodding in agreement. Together they step out from under the building. Nora picks up Magnhild and the two are promptly joined by Ruby and Jaune.

Ruby: Ren. Jaune and I can take care of its arms.

Nora: I'll take care of the horse.

Ren: And I'll take care of the rest.

Nora heads to a rooftop. Ruby uses herself as a target until she manages to pin an arm to the ground with the tip of Crescent Rose. Ren's knife is flung and embeds itself into the body of the Grimm. Jaune is positioned to be the next target as Ren uses Jaune's shield to pin down the other arm.

Ren: Now!

Jaune strikes his sword through the Nuckelavee's arm into the ground.

Ren: Nora!

Nora freefalls from the roof to land a killing blow to the head of the horse. Ren retrieves his knife and walks before the trapped Grimm.

Ren: (in his thoughts) For my mother.

He cuts off the Grimm's left arm.

Ren: (in his thoughts) For my father.

He cuts off the Grimm's right arm.

Ren: (in his thoughts) For all those that you've slain.

He strikes a gash into the flailing torso.

Ren closes his eyes.

Ren: (aloud) For myself.

He opens his eyes and swings with the knife, beheading the grimm. It dies in a pillar of black smoke. Ren drops the knife and breathes out a sigh of relief only to be tackled by a giggling, triumphant Nora. He hugs her back and gives a single laugh.

Ruby runs into the alley where Qrow was left during the fight. She breathes a sigh of relief that he is still alive.

Qrow: It's quiet. Good job, kiddo.

Jaune: Guys! I think I hear something!

In the courtyard two wood and metal airships are coming in to land; Nora points in Qrow's direction.

A man in a brown flight suit with an air tank on his back carries Qrow on a green stretcher with Ruby walking alongside them, her hand on Qrow's shoulder.

The two rescue ships take off, everyone on board.

Jaune: How did you find us out here?

Mistral Pilot: We were on patrol and saw the smoke. Nobody's been out here for years, thought something might be wrong.

Ruby: (crouched by Qrow and holding his hand) What if we don't make it in time?

Jaune: Ruby.

She looks up and sees the flourishing city before them.

Ruby: We made it, Uncle Qrow.

Nora and Ren sit on the edge of the open rescue airship, their legs dangling. Nora is looking out at the city, feeling happy. Ren is watching her, begins smiling.

The airships fly in to the city.

Cut to the island where Piccolo and Androids 16, 17, and 18 are staring at Imperfect Cell, who was previously spectating the battle between Piccolo and 17 from a cliff.