"Oh my gosh!" she then exclaims, jumping up and down and grabbing onto my shoulder to shake it in excitement. "A shooting star! Reece, did you see the shooting star?"

She faces me with the biggest smile and the twinkliest of eyes, enchanting me.

"How can I when you made me confused?" I say.

"Confused?" she asks, frowning. "Confused about what?"

"Whether I should look at the stars in the sky or the one standing right next to me."

"I thought I was the moon?"

"And the stars," I say. "You're a whole constellation, my love."

She stops walking, and so do I.

"My love?" she parrots.

"My love..." I begin. "...for you is universal, for I have become an astronomer and you a constellation."

I'm not aware of where I'm getting this burst of energy and creativity from. I guess there's just something about this moment – being with the love of your life under a sky peppered with twinkling stars – that makes me want to unleash myself to her.

"...Are you alright, Reece?" she asks, amused.

"Never better," I say, shooting her a smile.

"Maybe the freshness of the air around here is making you high," she says, making me chuckle.

She then shakes her head, trying to focus.

"I have to make a wish," she says, closing her eyes.

"Did you make the wish?" I ask, after she reopens them.

She looks at me.

"I did."

"What did you wish for?"

"It won't come true if I tell you."

"Fair, fair. But if you tell me, I may make it come true."

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Hmm... Tempting, but nah. I'll leave it to fate."

"Are you religious?"

"I believe in a God, yes. But when it comes to practicing it... Not much. I mean, I just try to be a good person and hope that that is enough. What about you?"

"Agnostic."

"Interesting," she says.

We continue to banter as we walk down the winding path.

***

Dorothy bangs on the wooden door. Frantic shuffling is heard from the other side of the door, until the door opens wide open to reveal a plump, middle-aged woman wearing a conservative white gown. Her widened brown eyes are glued on Dorothy before she snaps, startling me.

"Oh, no, no, no. You better not have run away from your home again, Dorothy, or else I will make you sleep with the cows tonight!" 

There's no way in hell I'll let that happen.

"I didn't run away this time, Sister Alexa," Dorothy says.

So this is Sister Alexa. My annoyance towards her immediately is replaced by respect. Dorothy has told me that Sister Alexa was the one who saved her from that night and took care of her in those seven years.

"Is that so?" the senior woman says, narrowing her eyes.

"Yes. I swear it."

Sighing in relief, she then envelops Dorothy in a big hug. Dorothy returns it with a grip as tight as hers.