Telling the 'Kids'

Start from the beginning

"Ok, go play" they had brought a toy box for the living room saying it was for Holly but it was actually Steve's so he could play in the living room when everyone went to work/school. The door soon rung to announce Robin and Eddie, which Steve immediately ran to.

"Ah Ah, don't open it, wait for dada" Jonathan stops him as Steve had his hand on the handle.

"Ok, go ahead" he tells him once Jonathan was behind him.

"Wobin" Steve cheered immediately hugging her.

"Hi buddy" she hugs him back.

"Hey, what about me?" Eddie says playfully. Steve just runs off laughing.

"Little shit" he mutters.

"Lunch" Nancy calls out.

"Steve, sit up the table please" Nancy tells him as she set down his cup. It was one of the new things they had tried out and Steve seemed to have taken to it.

"That is such a cute cup" Robin coos at it as she picks it up to look at it

"Mine" Steve whines.

"Up the table, come on" Robin sets the cup back down and helps him next to her. Robin managed to get Steve to eat some of his lunch.

"You..are more than welcome to stay for however long you need" Nancy jokes as she chuckles.

"Is it difficult to try and get him to eat?" Eddie asks.

"Sometimes, most of the time yes, but that's probably the most he's ate at lunch so far so thank you" Nancy explains.

"Do you think it's because he just gets up and runs around?"

"Probably, Jon and I were looking into highchairs" Nancy shrugs.

"It might be best" Robin and Eddie entertained Steve until he had his nap and before they knew it, the kids had turned up.

"Why are we here?" Max says once they all found a place to sit.

"Jonathan and I have become caregivers for Steve" Nancy starts.

"Caregivers?" They explain the whole situation to them.

"That's cool, if he's happy I'm happy, he's always good at taking care of us so none of you shitheads better say anything mean about him" Max says.

"Me too, he's always there for us when we need him, now it's our turn" Lucas says.

"Do you think we could babysit him sometime?" Dustin asks.

"Absolutely not" Nancy and Jonathan say at the same time.

"So..the basement and the gates?" Mike suspects.

"Was already finished and is now his playroom and the gates because he kept running up them" Nancy confirms with him.

"What? What about DND?"