Chapter 10 - Craize

If it weren't for the delicious scent of her  wafting off the clothes of the nurse entering my cell, I'd tell the woman to leave.

Too much time has passed since I woke chained to the floor. I understand why they won't let me free, but every second I remain strapped down I become more desperate for her.

My lifemate.

Her soul beckons mine while her curves taunt me, filling my memories with silky flesh and scorching heat.

With my conscience rising from the haze of lust and fury, I no longer hold on to denial. What Steil said rings true. I didn't notice it while my instincts controlled me, but no other force could steal my will from me so completely.

The tiny omega I covered with my seed and nearly claimed with my cock already owns my soul.

What have I done? Why would the universe offer me such a dismal fate?

To be tethered to a weakling, led by her whims and helpless against her wiles goes against my life's goal.

How can I enact my revenge on the ISC if I must cater to a broken, pitiful female?

The beta woman gains my attention by saying my name. When she neither flinches nor shies away from my snarl, begrudging respect lodges between my ribcage.

"Your team commander advised me not to come speak with you until he could attend, but I've been doing this for a while and think his presence would only be a hindrance. So, here's what we're going to do."

I swallow the growl threatening to escape from my chest and try to soften my countenance so she'll continue.

"I'm going to tell you the facts and what needs to be done. If you cannot keep calm or answer my questions, then I'll get your team leader. Understand?"

Having dealt with other medics within our brigade, I expect her no nonsense mannerisms. With tragedy being a common theme amongst those who join the ranks, most find succinct and clear words to be easier.

"Yes."

The syllable emerges through clenched teeth, the gaping hole in my soul making me feel stretched and uncomfortable.

"Good. The woman you came into contact with has an unknown substance in her bloodstream. Therefore, I will take a sample of your blood to make sure you're not compromised. If your blood work returns normal, then you'll stay as you are for a minimum of twenty-four hours. Do you understand?"

My eyes no doubt shoot murderous intent at her, but I rumble my understanding.

"After you've been cleared for release, you will abide by the rules set forth by me—her primary doctor. If you cannot follow the guidelines, you will be sent to central command and held there until a fitting solution is decided. Do you understand?"

Everything she doesn't say slices into my brain. The last time an alpha broke protocol proved how serious my leaders view loyalty. The alpha died with zero dignity, his own reckless actions ruining whatever accomplishments he'd made throughout his life. No matter my viewpoint on their worth, my command does not tolerate abuse of omegas. In fact, despite my higher ups reporting to an alpha, the brains and might behind our entire organization is a female. With bright flaming hair, striking blue eyes, and a purple hue to match her alpha mate, Commander Minette is the only woman I will admit fearing.

I growl an unhappy yes then wait for whatever comes next.

"You have two options. After your tests come back positive, you may elect to wait until you are free of your bindings to see your omega. Or you may put in a request for her to visit you."

My pride screams at the injustice of the situation while my instincts respond by clanking the chains in impatience.

"She will come to me as soon as possible."

On the other side of the room, the beta woman studies me for a moment before stepping closer, her nose wrinkling at the smells wafting off me despite her attempts to keep a neutral expression.

"If you behave while I draw blood, I'll put in a rapid request for a visit."

As though her words are the puppeteer controlling my instincts, the clattering in my soul stops.

Icarr, this woman orchestrating my immediate future, watches me for a moment before walking out the door. I nearly release a rage-filled roar at her departure, thinking she's refused me my chance of enjoying my mate's presence, but she returns with a small tray filled with medical supplies.

An odd hum vibrates in my soul as my past wars with my future. I've dealt with my memories by steadily working toward revenge, facing blade after blade and firearm after firearm, never once shying away from the glint of metal. But now? Strapped down as I was all those years ago?

The beast who once offered me solace in violence now demands I suffer in silence so I don't ruin my chance at meeting my mate.

I stare at the ceiling, neither flinching nor blinking as she cleans a patch of my skin and slides a needle into the crook of my right arm.

Relief washes over me as the beta stands and nods in acknowledgement before walking away.

Alone in the room again, my limbs unconsciously test the restraints even though I know escaping would be detrimental. Without these chains I would use my freedom to find the luscious omega I yearn for and sink my cock so deep into her pussy she'd scream and fight to get away.

Dark lust pulses at the base of my shaft, wiping out the pain of my healing wound. My hips buck against the unforgiving metal, pinching my stiffening cock in the links. I shudder, unable to stem the rising tide of need as visions of creamy flesh surrounding my tip flashes through my memory.

I dig my heels into the floor and growl, pumping hard enough to send fissures of pain into my groin. They burrow into my spine and travel throughout my body, electrifying my nerves until my ears ring and my teeth tingle.

Unwilling to find release and embarrass myself so thoroughly, I slow my grinding and endure the seconds as they pass.

One moment becomes two and two becomes more, ticking into infinity until time no longer exists. Only heat and pain and yearning swirling around thoughts of golden locks, green irises, and silky wetness remain.

I live solely to mount the curvy omega with the tempestuous expressions and frightened eyes.