Chapter 1 - Raeni

*THIS IS AN EXTENDED SAMPLE.*

Get an exclusive 50% off e-book retailer prices when you use code WATTPAD on https://vtbonds.com.

Visit my website and use code WATTPAD for 50% off retailer prices on all e-books. You'll also find signed paperbacks, discounted audiobooks, and swag packs!

Sign up for my newsletter (link on website) and enjoy free and filthy Bonus Scenes, coloring pages, and NSFW artwork.

Knotty reading!

~

I don't have any enemies, but if I did, I wouldn't wish this hell on them.

My head pounds with every beat of my heart and nothing but fear keeps my legs moving. I don't know how I got to this part of the slums; I only know I must run. I must get away.

Dark eyes chase after me, the faint moonlight glinting off the crumbling buildings snuffed out by the evilness within the male closing in on my heels.

The hulking alpha darts forward, sending my heart into my throat and a shriek out of my mouth. I twist to the side and lose my footing, the debris scattered over the concrete stealing my balance.

The ground reaches up and knocks my head, the resounding crack echoing down the deserted alley.

Massive fingers wrap around my bicep and haul me upward.

My surroundings come to me in flashes, like pictures straight from a horror movie. Chiseled chin. Thick biceps. Tight shirt. Mean brown eyes. Short, militaristic hairstyle. Grungy shirt.

"Shut up, bitch. I told you not to run."

The buildings on either side of us shift. Either that, or my head spins.

My body refuses to cooperate. I tell it to lash out, to try to get away, to fight, but although my hands lift, there's no power in them.

Thick fingers dig into my arm and I jump as the sting of a needle enters my thigh.

Whatever it injects into my veins burns deep enough to make my bones hurt.

Perfectly straight teeth flash as dark brown irises shrink, this humongous alpha obviously enjoying my pain.

"Don't worry, Raeni. This is the easy part."

His use of my name sends impotent terror deep into the recesses of my soul. My heart threatens to burst through my ribs as darkness swirls along the edges of my vision.

Numbness rises from my feet, spreading like wildfire through my body until I lose all feeling up to my neck.

The world tilts, my captor releasing my arm and watching with amusement as I flop to the rubble-laden ground.

Another voice sounds from behind him, but I can't figure out what he's saying. His words become nothing but warbled noise scrambled in my brain.

As my lids slide down over my eyes, a dark shape, just as gigantic as my tormentor, approaches him from behind.

Vibrant blue eyes shine in the moonlight, ruling my nightmares as whatever drug they gave me forces me into unconsciousness. Surrounded by blonde hair, a sharp jaw, and model-perfect cheekbones, the visage should be comforting, but his menacing, lustful expression fills me with horror.

I'm doomed.