Chapter twenty: family

Mirabel's POV:

"When can I finally visit Delilah? I miss her", I whined and my mom stroke my cheek. "She made some progress, I think abuela will allow it soon", she said to cheer me up.

I didn't like the thought of my wife being all alone in this basement the entire time. I at least wanted her to have some company. "I hear her cries all the time, I think she should have someone to cheer her up a little bit", Dolores said but Pepa glared at her.

"You have no say in this matter anymore", Pepa said to her and Dolores shrugged. "It's your wife that's going to be broken", Dolores told me, Luisa, Isabela and Camilo before she left to go for a walk with Mariano.

"Abuela please, I can't bare to be without her much longer", I whined and she sighed. "One month has passed, I think that was enough to weaken her mind. I believe phase two can start", abuela announced, making me smile brightly.

Delilah's POV:

I was grateful for having light in this dark basement but it didn't make me feel that much better. I was still trapped here with my thoughts and the guilt never stopped. All I did was crying into my pillow.

I flinched when I felt someone stroking my hair. I removed my face from the pillow to see who it was. "Mirabel!", I said and hugged her tightly. "I missed you so much", she whispered into my ear.

It felt so good to be with someone after such a long time. "What did I do to deserve this?", I asked since all I did was crying, ever since Julieta told me I had to earn their company.

"You grieved and now it's time you show what you learned from that", Mirabel explained and I nodded. "How can I do it? I don't want to be alone here anymore", I asked desperetly.

"Shhh just relax. I brought a book and I would like to read to you", she said and I smiled brightly. That was the best thing that happened ever since I was in this basement.

Mirabel laid down beside me and I laid my head onto her chest while she started reading some old fairytales for me. They all had the same ending. The girl married her prince and lived happily ever after.

"Getting married is the happiest thing in the world. Being able to be in a loving family is what makes all these characters happy. The reason why people could ever be unhappy with this is only, if they don't appreciate it", Mirabel explained and I knew she was talking about me.

"You're right, I should've appreciated what I had, then everyone would've been happy. Now I have nothing", I said, starting to cry again. "Don't cry mi vida! It's not too late. You can still fix your mistake as soon as you gave us a new Madrigal", she said and I sighed.

I still had to spend so much time in this basement until that could happen. Mirabel kissed my hair and stood up from the bed. "Please don't go!", I begged her and held onto her arm. "I have to Mi vida, but don't worry, we will visit you more often from now on", she said and left.

I was so grateful for the time I had with her. It was so nice to have someone with you and being so loving after such a long time of being alone.

I was relieved when she told me that I would get more visits. I didn't know how much I could thank them for giving me so much love.

Mirabel's POV:

"I felt like I was in heaven! Delilah never was so affectionate towards me! She was so eager to spend more time with me, it felt like she was a completely different person!", I told the others.

"That means she finally appreciates us! I want to visit her next!", Isabela cheered but the other two glared at her. "No, I will visit her next. I missed her way more than you!", Luisa said.

"What makes you think you miss her more than me?", Isabela asked upset. "I constanly cried and said I missed her while you didn't", Luisa said and Isabela laughed.

"Because I'm just stronger than you and understand that it was necessary. I also think it’s better because I'm not lead by emotions like you. We still have a mission you know", Isabela explained but then Camilo joined the conversation. 

"Which is why I should go. I was the one she liked the least, by sending me we will see how much she truly changed", he said and they continued to argue.

"Enough!", abuela yelled and interrupted them. "We need to see how Mirabel's visit affected her before we can send the next one, if it didn't have the affect I wanted, we have to leave her alone again for a while", she explained and we all frowned disappointed.

"This is torture", Luisa said. "I know it's hard but it will be worth it. I promise", abuela said and we trusted her. She always knew best.

Delilah's POV:

I didn't want to keep laying on my bed anymore. I started to walk around and I imagined myself being a beautiful princess, dancing in the ballroom.

I couldn't stop thinking about the happy fairytale characters. I really wanted what they had, then I wouldn't feel miserable anymore.

"Mirabel, you look lovely tonight!", I said while I imagined Mirabel beside me. "You look lovely tonight Delilah, would you do me the honor and dance with me?", I asked myself, trying to sound like Mirabel.

I hummed while I danced around the room. "You're such a good dancer Mirabel", I said and spinned around until I suddenly bumped into someone. "Would you also dance with me princess?", Camilo asked and smirked.

"A twist in the fairytale. A mysterious stranger approaches the princess", I said and he chuckled before he took my hand and started dancing with me.

"You imagine people around", he suddenly said, breaking my immersion. "What else am I supposed to do?", I asked. "You don't need to imagine anything Delilah. You have everything you need to be happy right here, you just need to accept it", he said and I sighed.

"I do that but how am I supposed to prove it, if I have to wait for the baby to be born?", I asked frustrated. "You can prove it right now", he said and moved his face closer to mine.

He waited for me to fill the gap and I did without hesitation. We kissed so passionetely and it felt so good to be loved like that. How could I ever think it was wrong? How could I be so ungrateful?

"I can't wait for our baby to come. I might've been a bad wife but I will be a good mother", I said and he grinned very satisfide.

I couldn't wait to leave this basement and show them that I learned from my mistakes. No one would ever get hurt by my power again. Especially not my family.

_______________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you liked it. If you did then please show me your love for this story by voting! Have a nice day