Chapter five: destruction

Delilah's POV:

I've never seen something so fascinating. The Madrigals got their gifts from a candle. Antonio was able  to run around his new room now since it came along with his gift.

"I'm glad it worked out for him. He was scared that he wouldn't get a gift like me since I was the last Madrigal to do the ritual", Mirabel said.

"Well for me it's the first time to see how a Madrigal gets his gift and I have to admit it's impressive. I'm kinda jealous that I don't get to have such a large room", I said but actually just joking around.

"If you lived here, we would've given you the biggest most beautiful room in the house", Mirabel said completely serious while I tried to laugh it of. "I have to go to my father", I said, walking away from her.

My father told me we had to come to this event since it was very important to Encanto and he wanted us to be accepted but I was constanly scared that my power would activate again.

"The important part is over. He has his power now. Can we leave now?", I said very tense but before my father could reply, Luisa suddenly joined the conversation while carrying a tray of snacks.

"You want to leave already? But why? Isn't the party to your liking? Tell us what we have to change!" she said in panic and my father glared at me. He didn't want the Madrigals to think badly of us.

"I'm just not feeling well in crowded places", I said and she suddenly gave the tray to a radom man, who was walking by before she pulled me out of Antonio's room with her.

"Where are we going?", I asked while she dragged me with her. "To a place that isn't crowded", she said and Casita suddenly pulled both us up until we reached the rooftop.

I panted heavily while Luisa nervously looked down. "I hope this is better for you", she said and bit her lip. It was actually kinf of sweet that she was so nervous around me but it wasn't real. It was the power.

"Delilah... I know I'm not as beautiful as Isabela or as cool as Camilo or as sweet as Mirabel but I really really like you", she confessed and her face turned red like a tomato.

"Luisa, you barely know me. Don't you think it’s odd that you suddenly have such strong feelings for me?", I asked and she sighed.

"Delilah we know your eyes are magical. Do you really think a magical family like us wouldn't find out? But we don't care. We feel what we feel", she said and my eyes widened.

"But how can you not care? Your feelings are manipulated!", I said in disbelief. "Because it makes us even more sure that you belong us especially because of you having a power", she said and I turned away from her.

"Delilah please, there is nothing you have to worry about. Just accept it and we will all be happy", she said and gently touched my shoulder. "No you won't because you're fighting over me. Don't think I was never able to tell", I said.

"Then you should quickly choose who you want to be with but I can assure you that no one will cheerish you more than me", she said and when I turned towards her again she suddenly picked me up and hugged my tightly.

It was even tighter than Mirabel's hug. It could hear my bones crack and her heavy body was smothering me. "Luisa... Please...", I managed to breath out and her eyes widened before she let go of me.

"I'm sorry, sometimes I forget about my strengh", she said. "I appreciate that you told me all of this but I can't make a descicion now", I said and climbed back inside Casita.

They didn't know how dangerous my power could be so even if they didn't care, I should avoid getting too close for everyone's safety.

While I was searching for my father Mirabel suddenly appeared in front of me again. "There you are! I was searching for you!! Come with me", she said and before I could reply she dragged me back to Antonio's new room where the party was taking place.

"I want to dance with you", she said and pulled me on the dance floor with her. She hugged me tightly while moving to the music and I just awkwardly let her move my body around but I was actually very uncomfortable.

"Ehm Mirabel, I'm thirsty, I should...", I said but she interrupted me. "I will get you something! Just wait here and don't move!", she said and disappeared. Great, I didn't want to make Mirabel sad so I had to wait on the dancefloor, where everyone was moving around. I hated parties.

But then some gentle arms were hugging me from behind and I turned around only to see Isabela smiling at me. I just rolled my eyes and moved away from her but she used her vines to pull me back into her arms.

"How come you dance with Mirabel but not with me?", she asked in a jealous tone. "I don't have to give you an explanation", I said and her grip got harder. "I understand that you don't like Camilo but I never did anything to you! You should give me a chance", she said.

"But I don't want to", I said and tried to get away but then Mirabel came back and glared at Isabela. "Let go of her, she doesn't want this", Mirabel said and Isabela pushed me away to confront Mirabel.

"Stop acting so innocent. We both know, if you could just take her, you would do it without hesitation. You're not better than me actually you're worse because you are a wolf in sheeps clothing while I'm at least an honest wolf", Isabela said and people around us stopped dancing and started to listen to their conversation.

"I only respect her boundaries which is the least I can do to show my love for her!", Mirabel replied and Isabela laughed. "You don't even believe that yourself. I know you play a dirty game, so why do you even continue to try to deceive everyone?", Isabela said.

"You just can't handle that Delilah likes me more than everyone else!", Mirabel said but this triggered Luisa as well and she joined the conversation. "No she likes me more! She opened herself up to me I bet she didn't do that to any of you!", Luisa and Isabela's jaw clynched.

"She does like me, she just doesn't know it yet!", Isabela said. "Girls...", Camilo suddenly said and appeared next to me. "Do you still think I'm that bad? At least I don't treat you like a trophy", he said and I sighed.

"I don't even know what to feel anymore", I said and walked away but he followed me. "Delilah wait, I want to give you something", he said and I stopped walking and turned towards him. I was stunned when I saw the beautiful bracelet in his hand.

"I wanted to give this to you as an apology. Just know that I would never do something to harm you", he said and put it around my wrist. "It's very beautiful. Thank you", I said and he smiled but I noticed that Isabela angrily glared towards us.

"You tricked me! You told me by arguing with Mirabel and Luisa I would reveal their true selves, which would make Delilah like me better since I was honest and they were not but you just wanted to make all three of us look bad while making only yourself look better!", she yelled with pure anger.

"What did you expect Isa? In the end you're a rival as well", Camilo calmly said, making Mirabel and Luisa join the conversation.

"What?! You two planned to make us look bad? I thought we would play fair and just let Delilah decide!", Mirabel said. "Yeah you tried to sabotage your own family!", Luisa said and Isabela rolled her eyes.

"As if you two would just accept Delilah choosing someone else", she said and I couldn't bare this any longer.

"Stop it! This is why I shouldn't be close to you! My power only causes trouble! I don't want to be with any of you! I'm leaving", I said. "No Delilah wait!", Julieta yelled after me but I ignored her but when I was about to run out of Antonio's room, the entire house was suddenly shaking and I fell down on the floor.

Everyone screamed and panicked when cracks appeared on the wall but after a short while it suddenly stopped. "Casita...", Felix whispered out and Alma walked towards me, turning to the crowed behind me.

"Please do not panic, Casita will protect us", she said and helped me up. She looked intensely into my eyes before she walked to her grandchildren, lecturing them about their behaviour.

"Delilah, are you alright?", my father asked very worried and hugged me. "Let's just go home", I said and he nodded before walking me out of Casita.

I couldn't spend any more time with the Madrigals. It only caused destruction.

_______________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you liked it. If you did then please show me your love for this story by voting! Have a nice day