Chapter eight: offer

Delilah's POV:

My father looked pale after he returned from the bakery. He put the bread he just bought on the table while his hands were shaking. "What's wrong?", I asked and he gulped.

"Two corpses were found at the lake today and it looked like they were brutally murdered", he said and my eyes widened in horror.

"What? But the entire village seems so friendly. Not even robberies happened here!", I said and he sat down. "I know, it shocked me too...", he said, clearly being too shocked to talk but I had to find out more.

"And who is dead?", I asked. "I don't know, their faces were completely deformed. It was just horrible", he said, putting his hands onto his face. I had a bad feeling about this.

I had to find out, if it had anything to do with my power. I wanted to leave the house but when I opened the door, Alma stood in front of me along with Mirabel, Camilo, Isabela and Luisa.

"Delilah! I was just about to knock. Is your father here?", Alma asked and I bit my lip. "Yes but it's not a good time, he isn't feeling well", I said. "Oh I'm sure he won't mind it, if it is me. Why don't you go for a walk with my grandchildren while I talk to him?", she said completely dismissing me.

Before I could reply she already walked past me while her grandchildren dragged me away with them.

Alma's POV:

Rolf looked like he was in a state of shock when I approached him. I was sure he already heard about the deaths. But he stood up as soon as he saw me.

"Alma! I... I didn't expect you... I'm sorry for the mess", he said, cleaning the table while I sat down. This house was so tiny... Delilah would have it much better as soon as she moved in with us.

"I'm sorry for coming here uninvited but I need to discuss something important with you", I said, making him sit down across from me.

"What is it?", he asked very worried. "It's about Delilah, we know about her power", I said and his eyes widened in fear. "Did she cause any trouble?", he asked in panic.

"No, not at all. It's just that we are a magical family and we want our magic to grow, which is why we would like Delilah to become a part of our family", I explained. "And what exacly do you have in mind?", he asked concerned.

"Well, I know you like Encanto and respect my family too, so marrying your daughter into our family can be a perfect way to truly feel like you're a real part of Encanto", I said. "Aren't two people needed for a marriage?", he asked.

"Four of my grandchildren expressed interest in Delilah but Delilah seems to struggle with choosing one of them so I'm leaving the choice to you. Do you want her to marry Camilo, Mirabel, Isabela or Luisa?", I said and smiled.

He froze for a second. "Maybe Delilah struggles with choosing one because she doesn't want to be with one of them. There must be a reason why you discuss this with me instead of her", he said and my smile dropped.

"I just want to give her a push into the right direction", I explained and he shook his head. "No you just want to use me to make her cooperate but it's not going to happen. If Delilah doesn't want to marry by herself, I won't make her. If that's all you wanted to discuss, then I have to ask you to leave", he said and I tried to hold my anger back while I stood up and walked to the door.

I guess we had to come up with a different way...

Delilah's POV:

"Aren't you terrified now? I don't even know if I will be able to go out after dark from now on!", I said, wondering why they didn't talk about the dead bodies at the lake. "You should never go out after dark", Luisa said and I sighed.

"Of course we are terrified but we know that our family would never let any harm happen to us", Mirabel said and the other three seemed to be impressed by her words.

"Well, I guess I'm not that lucky. My father would always protect me as well but since we're only two people, protection is a lot harder", I said. "Don't worry Delilah, we will always keep an eye out for you too. We will never let people hurt you again after what happened to you yesterday", Isabela said and I sighed when I thought about it.

"Does it still hurt?", Camilo asked and I put my hand onto the scratches on my cheek. "A little", I said but then I flinched when Camilo suddenly kissed my cheek. The girls instanly glared at him.

"You kissed her!", Mirabel said upset. "I haven't kissed her yet that's so unfair!", Luisa said and Isabela rolled her eyes before she suddenly sultry kissed my cheek as well.

"Instead of complaining you could just do the same", she said and Mirabel's face turned red before she grabbed my face and kissed my cheek as well in a desperete manner. Luisa didn't waste any time to also kiss my cheek but her kiss was the shortest and I could see her almost exploding from shyness.

"Are you all happy now?", I asked. "Didn't you like it?", Mirabel nervously asked. "No I didn't. I actually don't like to just be touched all the time especially by multiple people. I need my space",  I said but I instanly regretted it when I saw their hurt expression.

I was too harsh again. "I'm sorry. I'm just not used to so much attention", I said and they seemed to be relieved. "Don't worry, you will get used to it because we love you so much!", Mirabel said and hugged me. The other three instanly joined the hug and I felt suffocated.

"Children, let's go back home now. We have things to discuss", Alma suddenly said, walking out of my house. They quickly said goodbye to me and joined her.

After they were gone, I walked back into the house. "What did she want?", I asked my father. "Encanto isn't safe for us anymore. We have to leave", he said and I was shocked. "But you said you liked it here", I said.

"I changed my mind", was all he said before he walked upstairs. What did Alma want?

Alma's POV:

"And who is it?", Camilo asked very impatient. "Come on abuela, we finally want to know, who will get to marry Delilah", Isabela said and I sighed. "He didn't cooperate. He also seems to have lost his trust in us. We need to come up with a different way", I explained and they sighed very frustrated.

But the true horror awaited us when we reached Casita. Dolores seemed to be waiting for us. "Rolf wants to leave Encanto with Delilah", Dolores said and we gasped in shock.

"We have to stop them! I can't lose Delilah!", Mirabel said. "Trust me my dear grandchildren, we won't ever lose her", I said, coming up with a different plan.

Time to make Delilah rely even more on us...

_______________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you liked it. If you did then please show me your love for this story by voting! Have a nice day