Iris snorted and hid her face in her hand. "Sorry, but he's not wrong."

Rowan nudged his sister's shoulder and huffed. "Well, you two are...rude." He stomped his feet along the forest floor. "Where are we going anyway?"

"Hopefully, you two are going home." I tried to hide just how hopeful I was. "You got your answer anyway."

"Yes, but not really." Rowan ran up to tap me on the shoulder. "We know you've been going to this particular patch of land, nothing about where you're going and what you're doing."

"Farley might just be going for a walk," Iris interjected. "Leave him alone."

I sent a smile in her direction in thanks. "Yes, see? Listen to your sister." We had stopped moving again. I tried to go a different way, but the path was simple, not a lot of chances for turns. "You've seen all you have to see."

"I don't think so," Rowan argued. "Caspian told us to find out everything."

I spun around to look at the two of them again. "Caspian sent you?"

Iris swiftly whacked her brother over the head. "You weren't supposed to tell him that, you dork." She bit her lip and put her hands behind her back. "Yes."

I groaned, Caspian knew who I was seeing, so why did he send the twins after me? "Fine," I surrendered. "Follow me, I don't care anymore."

Rowan jumped into the air and made a fist with victory. "Get in!" He was much more energetic now, the hurt which he previously felt completely melted away. "Now, where are we going?"

I rolled my eyes and faced the road; they'd just have to find out. I didn't have the patience to explain.

It didn't take long for the three of us to come across the river. Rowan was chatting my ear off the entire time. He asked questions, which I didn't answer. Iris gave her input every now and again, but she preferred to observe the forest. She was picking flowers carefully as we went.

I paused as the bridge came into view. "Stay here," I ordered. The twins nodded obediently, Iris more so than Rowan. I inhaled deeply, then headed for Pax.

"You brought people," he said. "I told you not to."

"Technically, they brought themselves." I shuffled uncomfortably. Even though he couldn't see me, his gaze was accusing. "They followed me here; they don't know who you are."

"Relatable," he muttered. I was sure he didn't want me to hear him. "Who are they?"

"They're my friends," I informed. "They're like us, they're really nice when you get to know them." I smirked a little bit and looked back over at the twins. "Though Rowan is a little too much."

"I am not," Rowan exclaimed. "I'm just the right amount of Rowan." He pouted and crossed his arms, stomping his foot. "Can we come over now?"

Pax huffed out a laugh. "I suppose, thanks for the warning."

Rowan rushed over to us; his footsteps caused the bridge to vibrate. He looked down at his feet and then took a slow step forward. "This bridge isn't safe," he uttered nervously. "I'm gonna stay over here."

Iris shook her head and carefully walked over, her footsteps as light as a cloud. "Nice to meet you, I'm Iris." She held out her hand which wasn't holding the flowers.

I opened my mouth to inform her that he couldn't see her hand, but Pax raised a little bit, and she grasped it gently. "My name is Pax, nice to meet you too."

I leant into the hand railing and turned to Rowan. "You sure you don't want to come over here?"

He shook his head. "No, no. I'm fine on land." It was strange to see him so frightened. "I'm Rowan by the way, I'm sure you knew that."